Aorus Owner's Lounge

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi @Atom80,

Any luck finding out if there is a place to purchase a new 255w power supply?

Many thanks!

Hi @Mahjii - sorry, yes, and we thought he had replied to you, many apologies.

If you contact our service partner Mendit, they have stock, and confirmed the price to us on the 11th Feb @ £94 + VAT.

If you mail or call them they can sort out for you:

GIGABYTE Authorized Service Partner
Address: MendIT Ltd Unit 1 Magnesium Court Burnley Bridge Industrial Estate Burnley Lancashire England BB12 7BF
Technical Support: 08442449999
Email: [email protected]

Once again sorry for lack of reply before today.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
@Atom80 could you give any info on any updates to the aorus fusion app please? i made some quality of life suggestions a few months ago and was told they would be possible to be added to the program but ive not heard anything about it since.
the additions are:
- being able to turn off specific g-key sets like with the old macro engine so you could only cycle between 2(or any) g-key colour sets rather than cycling all 5 when you dont use alll 5.
- you can currently only add 5 app shortcuts to aorus fusion so more would be nice.
- you currently cannot remove app shortcuts so when you have added 5, you cannot add or remove any.
- the ability to make sure when a program assigned to a keyboard colour profile will switch back to the default colour profile (profile 1?) when the program has closed.
- the ability to switch keyboard colour profiles via the g-keys
- a 100% fan speed (fn + esc) option for g-keys
- when the popup for assigning an action to a key appears, it has an extremely slow fade in animation which is really unecessary.
- when opening aorus fusion, the app starts up minimized.
- there is a problem with "AorusFusionShortcut.exe" randomly crashing for no reason which causes app shortcuts and fan speed adjustment via macro keys to stop functioning. (reinstalling the program or restoring the laptop to factory default does not fix this)

and for command and control:
the charging policy option for the battery will always revert back to standard after the laptop reboots. i want to set it so it only charges to 60% then stop to maintain battery llife. but when i restart, it goes back to standard which causes it to charge to 100%

and finally, im not sure why but a windows 10 upgrade causes aorus audio equalizer to just stop working indefinitely. a factory reset fixes it briefly, but it seems after i upgrade windows, it stops working again. its odd, theres no error, it just doesnt open.

Last edited:
Associate

If you contact our service partner Mendit, they have stock, and confirmed the price to us on the 11th Feb @ £94 + VAT.

Address: MendIT Ltd Unit 1 Magnesium Court Burnley Bridge Industrial Estate Burnley Lancashire England BB12 7BF

Regards,

Team AORUS

Thanks @Atom80, really appreciate it!

Soldato
Anyone on here find temps a bit of an issue? -0.150, thermal grizzly applied, the thing will throttle to 3.7GHz on Prime 95, in shadow of the tomb raider the temps were under 90 degrees but the fans really spin up.
GPU seems pretty good temps wise, however overclocks are now 50 odd MHZ lower than on my MSI due to power limit, maybe its the charger?

Permabanned

Regards,

Team AORUS

£94 + VAT (£112.80) is insane. I just bought an spare ASUS brick for £32.50 inc VAT & postage.

Soldato
Anyone on here find temps a bit of an issue? -0.150, thermal grizzly applied, the thing will throttle to 3.7GHz on Prime 95, in shadow of the tomb raider the temps were under 90 degrees but the fans really spin up.
GPU seems pretty good temps wise, however overclocks are now 50 odd MHZ lower than on my MSI due to power limit, maybe its the charger?

Aorus laptops do run hot, what thermal grizzly did you use though? There are so many that all work at various levels of heat dissipation.

Soldato
Aorus laptops do run hot, what thermal grizzly did you use though? There are so many that all work at various levels of heat dissipation.

The one below, is it any good?

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 12.5 W / m · K 1 g thermal grease (-200 to 350 ° C)

Technically it runs cooler and more silent than my GE72MVR, when I undervolt to 0.170 and peg it at 3.4GHz, but then it's slower as the GPU overclocks more on my GE72 so far.

Soldato
The one below, is it any good?

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 12.5 W / m · K 1 g thermal grease (-200 to 350 ° C)

Technically it runs cooler and more silent than my GE72MVR, when I undervolt to 0.170 and peg it at 3.4GHz, but then it's slower as the GPU overclocks more on my GE72 so far.

Yeah that’s a fine paste!

I think I can find a few of my videos that have afterburner on whilst running the x5v6, possibly also have some after I changed to LM but can’t be 100% on that

Edit : they don’t have afterburner on :(

Associate
I have the exact same problem with X5V7. Problem has been ongoing since early October or thereabouts. Has there been any word on what the cause of this is? I'm really wanting to avoid sending this off for repair for multiple weeks or months as I use the computer for work.

Hi,

I also have same BSoD (DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION) problem when I was gaming with my X5V7. This problem has been bothering me for several months. Is there any solution now?

I looking forward to your reply.

Thank you

Soldato
Is there anyway to take out the screws from the fan/heatsink and replace them with Torx screws or something? I don't know if I have tightened them enough but I can't anymore due to the heads threaded, I'm sure I used the correct driver but the metal just is soft.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi,

I also have same BSoD (DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION) problem when I was gaming with my X5V7. This problem has been bothering me for several months. Is there any solution now?

I looking forward to your reply.

Thank you

Sorry for delay - we seem to have missed some posts.

Waiting for feedback on this one, but in the meantime can you please post screen shot from you Command and Control centre showing your Driver status.

Thanks,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80 any idea if my laptop is performing normal? I've limited it to 4ghz on all cores it still gets over 90 at -0.145mv and fans spin loud
Is there anyway to take out the screws from the fan/heatsink and replace them with Torx screws or something? I don't know if I have tightened them enough but I can't anymore due to the heads threaded, I'm sure I used the correct driver but the metal just is soft.

Checking with HQ on both your points.

Soldato
@willhub What specifically are you running when you see these temps?

Well I was running Cities Skylines which uses at max maybe 70% of CPU? and at -0.150 undervolt with 4GHz I was getting to 96 degrees and it throttling. Anything over 3.6GHz for sustained periods of more than 10 mins = throttle. Prime 95 = instant throttle and other games like Tomb Raider get it to throttle too.

Wonder if could be problem with heatpipes? The temps are with thermal grizzly on too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom