Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
Soldato
Had VM out yesterday as we're looking at moving and the new property has the street cabled but not outside our new build, surprised how easy it was. VM sales guy went to property he's marked pavement out for where they need to go and told me 6 - 8 weeks for them to get the pavement dug up and cables fitted ready due to council approval etc.

Even worked me a better deal out for the monthly cost as I've got to take a small hit on speed and drop back down to 200mb until they push 500mb out.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Any news on the new access points they are offering to cover dead spots? Will they create a mesh network, or are they just plain old powerline sockets with wifi?

Soldato
Just got my latest bill and it's now climbed to £90 a month. I've got apparently a "Full House Bundle" which when originally took the contract got a retentions deal for £66.50 a month:

Full House TV (not sports) with one extra Tivo box upstairs
Vivid 200 BB
Talk Weekends

I'm out of contract and have been for a few months. I find the service good and want to keep it, but I'm not paying £90 a month anymore. Debating whether to drop to 100MB BB to open up options of even more cost savings. Anyone done that and regretted it? Not sure if we would miss/notice the BB drop.

Associate
I've just got rid of the full house package, 2 tivo boxes and unlimited phone. Kept the 200mb broadband, gone from £100 to £42, bought a humax recorder and the wife is still finding stuff to record.

Caporegime
I work for VM and can get you a great deal as I've done for a few on here using my staff rate, I get a small kickback and you will save a lot :) It is for new customers only, if your interested let me know.
Thanks
Dean
Thinking of switching over to VM (they rang me this morning to say my street has been activated as of yesterday) can you help?

Cheers :)

Edit: PM’d Dean directly, I’ve now signed up for 200 Mbps BB + Phone for less than they charge for 100, and cheaper than my current EE fibre setup which gets 55 Mbps on a good day!

Nice one @dean0

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom