Analogue Mega Sg

Associate
Sounds like you may not have updated the firmware beyond the initial ship revision.
Saw a vid with some Youtuber giving out about how none of his Master System games were working, until it was pointed out to him that he never updated his firmware (was missing Ultracore on his main screen as well).

Latest official is 4.3
https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/360024836892-Mega-Sg-Firmware-Update-v4-3

Though I think the Jailbreak one is up to that rev as well.

Associate
Sounds like you may not have updated the firmware beyond the initial ship revision.
Saw a vid with some Youtuber giving out about how none of his Master System games were working, until it was pointed out to him that he never updated his firmware (was missing Ultracore on his main screen as well).

Latest official is 4.3
https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/360024836892-Mega-Sg-Firmware-Update-v4-3

Though I think the Jailbreak one is up to that rev as well.

Thanks have to get an SD card now!

Soldato
So jealous ;). How long would you say delivery took from point of ordering to the knock at your doors?

£240ish seems a lot just to replay lion king on a modern TV ;)

Theres much more I'd play, joking aside.

Associate
it took about 3-4 days to arrive. My Master system adapter seems broken. I installed the new firmware from smokemonster, that works nicely.

Associate
Sorry guys, quick question.

I also live in the UK, and was wondering does every model work over here, straight out the box? or do I need a converter for the plug socket? Couldn't find anything on their website.

Associate
it took about 3-4 days to arrive. My Master system adapter seems broken. I installed the new firmware from smokemonster, that works nicely.

Unfortunate mate. Definitely worth getting onto them about that. They may just post another out to you.
I assume Ultracore showed up on the menu in the end after the update ?

Sorry guys, quick question.

I also live in the UK, and was wondering does every model work over here, straight out the box? or do I need a converter for the plug socket? Couldn't find anything on their website.

You'll just need a USB power adapter or run it off a 5v USB socket on a power strip. Not in front of me right now, but just a standard one as they come with a US style adapter by default. At this point, everyone has them lying about the house !
US, Euro, JAP styles are just colour differences.

Associate
Unfortunate mate. Definitely worth getting onto them about that. They may just post another out to you.
I assume Ultracore showed up on the menu in the end after the update ?

Everything else works bar the mastwrsytwn adapter. Mega drive carts etc

Ultracore also works fine

Associate
Japanese for sure. Not feeling it with the white model, just doesn't seem right? Each to their own I guess.

Delivery says 2-3 weeks, was hoping to get it in time for my Birthday next week.

Associate
Japanese for sure. Not feeling it with the white model, just doesn't seem right? Each to their own I guess.

Delivery says 2-3 weeks, was hoping to get it in time for my Birthday next week.

Mine arrived super quick so good luck. Well pleased with Japanese look

Associate
Did all of you guys have to pay custom charges on top of the price too?

Been waiting for the Mega SG release, but it’s already very expensive with 50 USD shipping and the custom charge would make the cost just unfair.

makes me wonder if that FPGA aspect is really worth it in real life, as high quality clone consoles such as Hyperkin Mega Retron run games pretty much flawlessly and the upcoming Mega Drive Mini sounds very promising since it’s being done and tweaked by Sega Ages M2 team so high quality emulation is expected.

The Analogue Mega SG works out more expensive than a PS4..I wonder if this price is really justified for us UK buyers.

Associate
Hi there. First time post specifically for this issue. Just got an SG and I'm wondering about the power. Could I plug the USB lead into a USB plug adaptor, such as an iPhone plug, or a travel plug, and have this work? I just don't want to blow the thing. I have a 5V 1A iPhone plug handy, and a travel plug that has 250V 13A rating on it, so the US plug can go into this and then this plug into the mains.

I just want to play, but scared of blowing it....lol

Soldato
Hi there. First time post specifically for this issue. Just got an SG and I'm wondering about the power. Could I plug the USB lead into a USB plug adaptor, such as an iPhone plug, or a travel plug, and have this work? I just don't want to blow the thing. I have a 5V 1A iPhone plug handy, and a travel plug that has 250V 13A rating on it, so the US plug can go into this and then this plug into the mains.

I just want to play, but scared of blowing it....lol

You need to use a 5V 2A USB charger.

Associate
FWIW......still nothing customs-wise here, almost a month and a half later.
Starring to think I might get away with it, or FedEx staff work very slowly.

Caporegime
makes me wonder if that FPGA aspect is really worth it in real life, as high quality clone consoles such as Hyperkin Mega Retron run games pretty much flawlessly and the upcoming Mega Drive Mini sounds very promising since it’s being done and tweaked by Sega Ages M2 team so high quality emulation is expected.

The Analogue Mega SG works out more expensive than a PS4..I wonder if this price is really justified for us UK buyers.

I'm wondering the same thing, throw in the fact that I had a mega drive as a kid when I was completely unaware of the PAL vs NTSC thing.... so my game collection is all PAL, unless I'm going to replace the lot with NTSC carts then I might well be better off with a Mega Drive Mini and (hopefully) proper NTSC versions of the games than with decent FPGA hardware albeit running my childhood collection of crippled PAL games.

Back
Top Bottom