• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yep, double dipped on the first one myself.

I couldn't wait and will be unlikely to this time either. It being heavily story based, it would be wrecked by waiting and trying your best to dodge spoilers.

Soldato
Assuming Sony will suddenly support backwards compatibility fullly is a big jump, Sony have never done it to the extent and as well as Microsoft have.

They have done it in what I would say is half baked measures.

I'm going to assume ps5 will only have limited support, can't be disappointed then plus I'll be keeping my ps4 pro providing its still alive at the time ps5 launches

Last edited:
Caporegime
True. But we don't know yet how BC games will run. Will a PS4 game run like a PS5 one or will we see remastered versions again?

From the patents that have been filed, it seems with the PS5 they are trying to emulate the PS4 exactly right down to the same clock speeds. So all games should be playable but exactly the same as they do on PS4. Whether that's base PS4 or PS4 Pro, who knows. And maybe over time, they'll tweak things with another "Boost Mode" to get frame rates/dynamic resolutions higher.

Associate
From the patents that have been filed, it seems with the PS5 they are trying to emulate the PS4 exactly right down to the same clock speeds. So all games should be playable but exactly the same as they do on PS4. Whether that's base PS4 or PS4 Pro, who knows. And maybe over time, they'll tweak things with another "Boost Mode" to get frame rates/dynamic resolutions higher.

That's terrible, so bloodborne will run at 20fps on ps5?

Caporegime
That's terrible, so bloodborne will run at 20fps on ps5?

Still a work in progress. I wouldn't get worried just yet. If anything, I expect Bloodborne to get some kind of reworking / patch to make it 4K60. It never even got any PS4 Pro support so it will probably get a full remastering on PS5 at some point. Then to counteract that, look at Demon's Souls. Still stuck at a ghastly resolution on PS3. This is one thing I hate about consoles, that some games are just left to rot because of architecture differences.

Caporegime
Assuming Sony will suddenly support backwards compatibility fullly is a big jump, Sony have never done it to the extent and as well as Microsoft have.

Sony's consoles have always had wildly different architectures from one generation to the next so backwards compatiblity was never really possible, whereas Xbox has always been a standard PC style architecture and mostly based around x86. PS5 looks to be just a PS4 on steroids for the most part.

Sony gave it a go with early PS3's but having to effectively include full PS2 chipset within the PS3 made them too expensive.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tbf if they don't deliver backwards compatibility I won't be bothered, it's not a massive bonus or selling point.

I know it is for plenty of people though so Sony need to nail it especially since came out of blocks early and stated it.

If let's say price is £500 upon release it will still be day one purchase, I'm half tempted to start saving now I strongly think its gonna be a Nov 2020 release

Associate
Never been bothered about backwards compatibility as I’ll have already exhausted a game by then anyway and be bored of it.

Soldato
There was a patebin of PS5 info released sometime ago and no one paid any attention to it, because, why would they?
Then this wired interview came out and almost everything in that file turned out to be true.
(I think it was in an Inside Gaming youtube vid I saw that)

Aaaaaaanyway, in the file, it said the PS5 would be running at "14TF"
Considering the PS4pro runs at 4.2TF, that ain't too shabby at all...... if true ;)

Soldato
Tbf if they don't deliver backwards compatibility I won't be bothered, it's not a massive bonus or selling point.

I know it is for plenty of people though so Sony need to nail it especially since came out of blocks early and stated it.

If let's say price is £500 upon release it will still be day one purchase, I'm half tempted to start saving now I strongly think its gonna be a Nov 2020 release
Yep I've saved the money not upgrading my pc this year and have 500 notes stashed away to buy a ps5, being it on

Caporegime
There was a patebin of PS5 info released sometime ago and no one paid any attention to it, because, why would they?
Then this wired interview came out and almost everything in that file turned out to be true.
(I think it was in an Inside Gaming youtube vid I saw that)

Aaaaaaanyway, in the file, it said the PS5 would be running at "14TF"
Considering the PS4pro runs at 4.2TF, that ain't too shabby at all...... if true ;)
14TF would put it up with a 2080Ti. Possible I suppose. Especially a year from now.

Back
Top Bottom