• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Soldato
cant say i ever seen that, but wonder if its monitor specific maybe. i always used display port connection, maybe its HDMI related.
It's a display port, I thought I remember somewhere near the beggining of this thread someone mentioning it so i was hoping they or someone else did have this problem, also do all you guys have these problems also

:Wattman graphs work for a while but then look erratic and silly and when you hover your mouse over the lines they all say 0
:Having 2 monitors plugged in results in weird screen random glitches, i know it says something about this in the driver notes, but do y'all get it?

Soldato
yea as i liked the VII, plus its nice to read how you guys are getting on with your water cooled VII's. good fun that VII was, just couldn't say no to an RTX 2080ti at the price. still rate the VII and really nothing other than a 2080ti would have replaced it.
I'm glad you are still with us green eye lover :) do you think if Navi is 2080ti level you would consider coming back to us?

Soldato
yea as i liked the VII, plus its nice to read how you guys are getting on with your water cooled VII's. good fun that VII was, just couldn't say no to an RTX 2080ti at the price. still rate the VII and really nothing other than a 2080ti would have replaced it.
Also what score do you get on your 2080ti on firestrike Ultra, so I can compare how close i get to a ti performance

Associate
It's a display port, I thought I remember somewhere near the beggining of this thread someone mentioning it so i was hoping they or someone else did have this problem, also do all you guys have these problems also

:Wattman graphs work for a while but then look erratic and silly and when you hover your mouse over the lines they all say 0
:Having 2 monitors plugged in results in weird screen random glitches, i know it says something about this in the driver notes, but do y'all get it?

the one thing i noticed with watt man is this, when you boot your PC with an undervolt or over clock from a saved file, i always found it best to reset wattman or the gauges some times didnt seem right, after reseting wattman to default and then rebooting all worked fine.

Associate
I'm glad you are still with us green eye lover :) do you think if Navi is 2080ti level you would consider coming back to us?

Also what score do you get on your 2080ti on firestrike Ultra, so I can compare how close i get to a ti performance

I would sure be back to AMD if navi has the speed, i think navi 10 not the full fat navi will most likely be equal to 2080 hopefully, but full fat navi next year might be even better.

as for firestrike ultra i havnt run that yet but i would think some one has with a 2080ti so scores you would see i guess. i dont run all the benches but in timespy i managed 15870 could go higher on memeory but with the 2080ti's having them memory isues i didnt want to go to crazy.
but your scor3e is very very good, the VII loves that firestrike.

Soldato
I would sure be back to AMD if navi has the speed, i think navi 10 not the full fat navi will most likely be equal to 2080 hopefully, but full fat navi next year might be even better.

as for firestrike ultra i havnt run that yet but i would think some one has with a 2080ti so scores you would see i guess. i dont run all the benches but in timespy i managed 15870 could go higher on memeory but with the 2080ti's having them memory isues i didnt want to go to crazy.
but your scor3e is very very good, the VII loves that firestrike.
Yeah firestrike for AMD and Timespy for Nvidia, which is weird because Vega was better at dx 12 than the gtx 1xxx series cards , just not in timespy where the scores make AMD look massively underpowered.

My score smashes all but the 2 cheating top entries on firestrike ultra for a 2080 which are eithe LN2 or sli circumvention but against a 2080ti my score is like 400th compared to them, its weird coz on Battlefield 5 my card beats my friends 2080ti on fps

Fishy, goes to show benchmarks on 3dmark are all messed up

Associate
Yeah firestrike for AMD and Timespy for Nvidia, which is weird because Vega was better at dx 12 than the gtx 1xxx series cards , just not in timespy where the scores make AMD look massively underpowered.

My score smashes all but the 2 cheating top entries on firestrike ultra for a 2080 which are eithe LN2 or sli circumvention but against a 2080ti my score is like 400th compared to them, its weird coz on Battlefield 5 my card beats my friends 2080ti on fps

Fishy, goes to show benchmarks on 3dmark are all messed up

benchmarks don't always show the full picture and there are some that suit one more than the other, but one thing is for sure, the VII with its 16g of HBM2 and massive band width will only get better with time. I still have a few AMD cards from years ago, when the ATI 1900XTX ruled lol now that was a vacuum cleaner, mr dyson would have been proud. even have some AGP cards some where :D

Associate
I still use that little RGB hub on my EK Rgb water block, it works well but I guess I know what you did, you had the molex powering the hub then connected the RGB out to the RGB header on the M/B and if connected the wrong way round, ie: positive negative then yea it would burn some thing out.
that's bad luck indeed, sorry to hear that as that little hub works well, but not worth a motherboard for sure. but have to say its looking sweet now even if more expensive than you wanted.

At least it works with EK, I wish there would be a way to use with the Raijintek pump, but one thing I'm sure, I won't try it in the mobo, even if is says it is 12V :D.. Well, looks like I did right, "pc input", so then, I plugged, and well, things went south. I'm using the other hub that came with the cpu block plus another 5v strip and works fine!

Nice build Thomasck

Thanks mate! I still have some ideas in mind, but I leave the things in the way the are atm, otherwise I'd never finish!

I'm compiling some numbers, gonna post them tomorrow!

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought this might be of interest.
"AMD RX Vega 64 Outperforms NVIDIA RTX 2080 by up to 20% in Vulkan Enabled World War Z"
https://wccftech.com/amd-rx-vega-64-outperforms-nvidia-rtx-2080-by-14-in-vulkan-enabled-world-war-z/

a7908d2bcb88ca809fbb5a0611ccd8b4486bfecf8b74161469211417001b520f.jpg

Associate
im going to go for glory on the watercooling

my cases is a 460x corsair
msi z370 pro board
8700k 4.9ghz
radeon 7 stock (will clock pretty well 2000+)

i have a h115 atm on cpu but it sounds very clicky and the temps are arounf 60-75c no idea if thats normal tbh

can anyone do me an basket
what do i need to consider??
will this void GPU warrenty??

Soldato

msi z370 pro board
8700k 4.9ghz

i have a h115 atm on cpu but it sounds very clicky and the temps are arounf 60-75c no idea if thats normal tbh

Just for the gpu or a full custom?

Associate

msi z370 pro board
8700k 4.9ghz

460X is tight, I had one and changed to a lian li o11d. You can fit 360mm front and 240top in the 460x. Yes it will void the gpu warranty.

Associate
Only managed to do a bit of testing with the ek block, gf is annoyed I've spend all day putting my loop together so better spend some time with her :p

At stock settings on a very warm evening I'm getting temp of 41 and Junction temp of 63. Impressive. If I undervolt it'll be even better!

Associate
Well, looks like the maximum here is around 2075MHz/1195mV, can't go any further!
At 2075MHz, 1195mV, power 0, mem stock, I'm scoring 30K in graphics in FS.
2100Mhz is a non go, 1195mV, 1200mV, 1210mV....1280mV fail.

Soldato
Well, looks like the maximum here is around 2075MHz/1195mV, can't go any further!
At 2075MHz, 1195mV, power 0, mem stock, I'm scoring 30K in graphics in FS.
2100Mhz is a non go, 1195mV, 1200mV, 1210mV....1280mV fail.
Is that at stock without any registry mods?
I run 2130 at 1175mv with 1260hbm as my gaming oc now 0% powerlimit, hits 40 ish and 80 ish on the temps

Back
Top Bottom