Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
Just rebooted our SH3 and now getting 35Mbps, also in the London area

Is this a temporary upload speed increase trial thing or have we got it for good?

I used speedtest.net

Thanks, I do get faster upload speed after rebooted, but just not 35Mbps you guys are getting.

Configuration show Max Traffic Rate: 38500089 but speedtest only 24Mbps

Last edited:
Associate
So virgin are finally cableing our street today, so hopefully it'll go live in a few weeks.

Are there any decent deals for new customers knocking about? I'm looking for at least the top tier broadband and not so fussed about the TV/Phone.

Soldato
So virgin are finally cableing our street today, so hopefully it'll go live in a few weeks.

Are there any decent deals for new customers knocking about? I'm looking for at least the top tier broadband and not so fussed about the TV/Phone.
There's a Virgin CS agent who can get mates rates deal for new customers only who offers in this thread from time to time, think his name is Dean0 or something like that. Sorry I can't give you more.

Soldato
I'm on the 350 package with Virgin Media Business. Restarted my router and I'm still on 20 upload so it looks like business users are missing out on the increased speed or that they will have to wait longer for the upgrade.

Soldato
If you've still got the SH2 then you shouldn't be on the 350Mb, so no increase in upload.

Yeah we are still on the SH2 because when the guy came to connect the SH3 and the new TV Box he claimed it had to be connected ( wireless) on its own for 24Hrs before anything else can be connected, also our Asus router ( he claimed ) would not connect to the SH3, so I told him we dont want it then , so he just connected the TV Box and left lol.

Soldato
Yeah we are still on the SH2 because when the guy came to connect the SH3 and the new TV Box he claimed it had to be connected ( wireless) on its own for 24Hrs before anything else can be connected, also our Asus router ( he claimed ) would not connect to the SH3, so I told him we dont want it then , so he just connected the TV Box and left lol.
It's terrible when people who should know better spout BS to you. I have the same router as you and it works perfectly fine with the SH3, in it's normal modem only mode or normal mode.

Soldato
I'm torn between the offerings from Virgin, i'll be on my own, 1 computer, 4 devices on WiFi, wired Apple TV, 2 wired TV's. I do a lot of downloading and gaming, wondering if the VIVID 50 will be enough or whether i should go for the VIVID 100. Being only a £5 difference between all 4 packages is what's annoying.

gRBozqL.jpg

At my current house we get this so i'm hoping i won't see a major drop, well i expect to see a drop but not drastic.

8220096459.png

Back
Top Bottom