What dug this hole?

Man of Honour
0A7zVHX.jpg

uFgUwLy.jpg

YjfIfKb.png
Came out this morning to find this hole in my raised beds. The hole goes back about 3ft before turning and has a diameter about the size of a big grapefruit. There are no other signs of digging nearby. Rat? Mole? Hedgehog? Queen wasp?

Soldato
Are there no prints in the soil? If it was a fox you'd know it from the paw prints. That leads me towards a rat and if that's the case you must burn it with fire

Man of Honour
OP
I would burn it with napalm but it’s underneath my prized Japanese Maple so I have resorted to filling it in and putting a bit rock over it.

I would put poison out but there are millions of cats round here and the local Facebook group has a regular rage post from irresponsible cat owners who’s pets have ingested poison. Fearing the wrath of them, can anyone recommend a rat trap that won’t take a cat out?

Soldato
I would burn it with napalm but it’s underneath my prized Japanese Maple so I have resorted to filling it in and putting a bit rock over it.

I would put poison out but there are millions of cats round here and the local Facebook group has a regular rage post from irresponsible cat owners who’s pets have ingested poison. Fearing the wrath of them, can anyone recommend a rat trap that won’t take a cat out?

Extra strong poision and a “your fault if your cat comes in my garden” sign

Permabanned

Those boxes with a lid and 2 holes you just put poison blocks in keep the poison away from larger animals. Stuck a couple in our garden and replace the poison blocks every month or so. It all gets eaten by something!

Associate
OK back in the 80s in my early teens, a friends father had mole problems on his crown green lawn at the front of their 16th century vicarage house in the Peak District. He offered me and his son a fiver for every mole we caught. You see where this is going... to cut a long story short, after 3 days of catching no moles, we decided to take the nuclear option, hoses, funnels a couple of gallons of petrol, some loo roll (as a fuse) and a box of matches. We thought that we would burn them out with fireballs going down the little mole tunnels, like we had seen in the movies. What actually happened was a dull thud, a whoomf noise and pretty much the entire lawn heaved about two foot vertically, upwards. The rest of the summer was spent digging it out and relaying the lawn (which mostly died through petrol poisoning!!). Needless to say, we never earned any fivers.

Back
Top Bottom