Epic Games Store now open!

Associate
Rocket League has probably exhausted most of its sales potential sure, but they can always make it free and then monetise it in other ways.
I do agree that Epic is going to make Rocket League as a free game in the one of the upcoming giveaways.
Since RL has already earned quite a good reputation on Steam, no doubt making RL free would attracts those who dont own the game yet and Fortnite players to get onboard. And these new players are all those potential DLC buyers on Epic, probably creating some EGS exclusive DLC.

Last edited:
Associate
do the fortnite kids pay for microtransactions? i'm just wondering if there is a ready made market of people who actually pay for things as fortnite is otherwise free.

edit: apparently yes. my thoughts about it being a bad place to sell your game go out the window then.

Soldato
do the fortnite kids pay for microtransactions? i'm just wondering if there is a ready made market of people who actually pay for things as fortnite is otherwise free.

edit: apparently yes. my thoughts about it being a bad place to sell your game go out the window then.

Yeah dude. All the kids be stealing their mums credit cards to buy skins and such. Free to play is where the money is.

Associate
Yeah dude. All the kids be stealing their mums credit cards to buy skins and such. Free to play is where the money is.
SKINS!, i remember now i overheard a dad talking about his tiny child wanting him to buy fortnite skins. SMH

edit: at least the kid asked

Caporegime
OP

Yes, there are four boys in my family who are addicted to it. One racked up a sizeable amount because his dad left a credit card on the account. Another gets Xbox money cards for Xmas (£50 off his nan) and spent it all on Fortnite Vbucks.

Soldato
When I had my stint in fortnite I think I must have spent at least £100 without even thinking about it.

It's very easy to not think that a skin costs £20 when it's in vbucks but then I guess that's the point.

Not that I play it anymore but you have to remember that the shooter aspect is secondary ,as it's more of a place to hang out and chat with friends for a lot of these kids, so making themselves unique is of pretty high importance.

The game itself is trash, even kids know that but EPIC facilitated a community with the world they built that you cant find anywhere else.

Soldato
When I had my stint in fortnite I think I must have spent at least £100 without even thinking about it.

It's very easy to not think that a skin costs £20 when it's in vbucks but then I guess that's the point.

Not that I play it anymore but you have to remember that the shooter aspect is secondary ,as it's more of a place to hang out and chat with friends for a lot of these kids, so making themselves unique is of pretty high importance.

The game itself is trash, even kids know that but EPIC facilitated a community with the world they built that you cant find anywhere else.
So to summarize - kids are knobs these days a Epic are exploiting this big time.

Soldato
Sorry but unless you are a young child (in which case your parents should be keeping a closer eye on your online spending habits) I do not buy that. People need to take responsibility for what they buy. A £20 skin is a £20 skin regardless if you pay with cash, credit card or some form of point system where point are bought with money. A friend of mine used the same argument about why it is not his fault he has no money because contactless makes it too easy to spend money . Even if it is a deliberate ploy, it says something that an adult can be conned buy it imo

Back
Top Bottom