Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Is it only a 12 month contract or 18? My VirginMedia is 12 but Sky have dragged me kicking and screaming into an 18 month one.

It is a 12 month contract. As has been stated before, just remind yourself a month before it finishes and call cancellations. The retentions team should be able to keep you for another year at the same price.

Soldato
It is a 12 month contract. As has been stated before, just remind yourself a month before it finishes and call cancellations. The retentions team should be able to keep you for another year at the same price.
Yes I was replying to Clovis who was saying it increases after 12 months though I don't see that as a problem on a 12 month contract as you can call before it ends and cancel or renegotiate.

Caporegime
After many years unable to get VM, I am finally moving to a place that has it :).

I have seen a supposed TCB offer, £120 for the 50, 150, 200 & 300 but there seems to be a lot of chat about how awful their customer service is. I am currently with Vodafone who also have a terrible customer service.....:p

Associate
My contracts up and Virgins CS has been crap, took me 8 days to cancel because the first rep didn't put it through, then I spent an hour on hold the next call before the call ended before we were finished because the call centre was closing :(
I went through TCB when I signed up and got the cashback straight away so that's something.

Soldato
Did a speed test for the first time in a while today - had no idea that virgin had increased my upload on the 350meg package. Now getting a solid 35Mbps which is great :D
Yes 35Mb feels great because we've been programmed to have extremely low expectations when it comes to upload. My mates in Sweden have had 100Mb+ uploads for a decade.

Associate
I believe they changed ownership of CS to some austrailian company. I called many a time and it was utter trash trying to speak to someone who understood what i was on about i laughed hard when the person from an indian call centre said "Hi this is Chris from Virgin media how can i help?" I almost spat my coffee out.

Soldato
Spent two hours on the phone today...still unable to get through to the very elusive VVIP team...:(

I was upgraded last week but the billing is a mess. SIM card arrived promptly and they switched on all the services within minutes. I have emailed them about the bill as it’s showing I’m on the VVIP bundle but my bill is £219, was supposed to be £95 inc loyalty discount.

Soldato
I was upgraded last week but the billing is a mess. SIM card arrived promptly and they switched on all the services within minutes. I have emailed them about the bill as it’s showing I’m on the VVIP bundle but my bill is £219, was supposed to be £95 inc loyalty discount.

Did you setup the second TiVO box yourself? I suspect I might need to get them to install a feed upstairs for the second box.

Soldato
But other than dealing with terrible CS - do Virgin deliver on speed?
For me, more often than not. If you are in an area that is not oversubscribed then you tend to get consistent speeds even at peak times. Though the only way I know of finding out is asking a neighbour who's on Virgin or do the 14 days test yourself.

Caporegime
For me, more often than not. If you are in an area that is not oversubscribed then you tend to get consistent speeds even at peak times. Though the only way I know of finding out is asking a neighbour who's on Virgin or do the 14 days test yourself.

Thanks. It's only going to be me, the Mrs and her mum with those two being light users. So I think the 200 or 350 will be more than enough though I do want a sturdy WiFi solution this time. Just heard about Ubiquiti Ac-pro :D, so would it be....

Virgin router in modem mode
Ap-pro plugged into the Virgin router via ethernet and it handles the WiFi across the house

Back
Top Bottom