Cat poo on the grass and in garden problem

Soldato
We are getting neighbours cats coming to our garden, and poos on the grass or flower beds. It is disgusting to trying to clear the droppings, and especially on the grass, it leaves huge craters when the grass is lifted with the cat poo on it to be thrown into the bin, so it destroys our lawn. We feel as if our grass and garden is vandalised when that happens.

We have tried every possible commercial cat deterrent including smelly things cat hates, infra red device, and nothing worked effectively. It costed us lot of money time and effort trying to resolve the problem, but as said nothing worked so far.

Do you suffer from similar situation and problems? How did you try to deal with the problem?
What would be best way to deal with the problem?

Why have you come on a computer forum to moan about cat **** - Just scoop it up and shove it in you green bin, :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Knew we'd get the cat owners denying it would be cats...

:D

All the same. It’s someone else’s problem. I hate cats. They poo everywhere, but it’s ‘fine’ because it’s ‘in their nature’. Then they object to dogs doing it. You know, reasons.

Yup, here’s one...

Why have you come on a computer forum to moan about cat **** - Just scoop it up and shove it in you green bin, :rolleyes:

Soldato
It’s fine though, that is what the green bin is for apparently. Nope, it’s getting thrown back.

I used to do that. Throw it back! One day, i watched as the neighbour picked up a bit of cat poo with her fingers that i had lobbed over the fence thinking it was something else. She then decided to sniff it.......wish i had a camera! :p:p

Soldato
I used to do that. Throw it back! One day, i watched as the neighbour picked up a bit of cat poo with her fingers that i had lobbed over the fence thinking it was something else. She then decided to sniff it.......wish i had a camera! :p:p

Epic. Hope you continue to do it still!

Associate
I can vouch for ultrasonic devices working; I have three after becoming fed up on my property being used as a litter tray.

Younger ears are sensitive to them though, so bear this in mind. i'm nearly 30 and can hear the sound they emit

Soldato
Is that because as a cat owner, the cats never shot in their own garden? Also those noise things still annoy me and I'm 33. My dad was telling me how good they are and couldn't understand why I was wincing. I did try one in our garden, however we must have had old cats as they just walked up-to it and see'd all over it:rolleyes:.

Associate
OP
Have tried a few ultra sonic device last year, but it seemed working for a few days, and then back to poo lying all over the garden. They just seem getting used to these stuff.

I now installed outside tap, and water sprinkler with hose. A few of the sprinklers scattered on the lawn using hose adaptor, and run them regularly. It definitelt seem working best. Cats just dont like wet area and water springklers, and they stay away from the lawn, which is wet and damp most of the days.

So back garden is now well protected, but the front garden without the springkler is still used as cats toilet.

Soldato
we have a dog which up until recently seemed to prevent cats crapping in the garden, but it seems recently they no longer care and still do it.

but to make matters worse neighbour to our left has a bird table which is visited mostly by pigeons, and now the new neighbour to our right has decided to start throwing a massive pile of porridge oats on her back yard for the birds.
so now the pigeons just fly from one garden to the other feeding, then sitting on our fence and crapping all over it.
its a right bloody mess!

wouldn't be so much of an issue except we have 2 small children and I obviously don't want them coming in to contact with cat poo

Associate
OP
we have a dog which up until recently seemed to prevent cats crapping in the garden, but it seems recently they no longer care and still do it.

but to make matters worse neighbour to our left has a bird table which is visited mostly by pigeons, and now the new neighbour to our right has decided to start throwing a massive pile of porridge oats on her back yard for the birds.
so now the pigeons just fly from one garden to the other feeding, then sitting on our fence and crapping all over it.
its a right bloody mess!

wouldn't be so much of an issue except we have 2 small children and I obviously don't want them coming in to contact with cat poo

Yes, I had seen some dogs and cats make friends rather than chasing and chased. Also some cats make friends with rats and mice. Seen these videos on youtube a lot.

Associate
OP
Hey your own cat. If your house is the only one without a cat the others will use yours as a toilet

Won't have any cats. I would feel utterly guilty if my cats went to neighbours garden and crapped all over their well cared grass or gardens, and if the neighbours had to go and buy hundreds of pounds of cat deterrent devices because of my cats messing their gardens. In that situation, I wouldn't feel comfortable living in that street.

But if I had cats, and let them out, I know exactly that's what the cats will do. It's in their instinct. So if I had cats, I would never let them out my house, or easier option for me, I will not have them.

Man of Honour
Is that because as a cat owner, the cats never shot in their own garden? Also those noise things still annoy me and I'm 33. My dad was telling me how good they are and couldn't understand why I was wincing. I did try one in our garden, however we must have had old cats as they just walked up-to it and see'd all over it:rolleyes:.

Yes, they usually go elsewhere.

I had one of those ultrasonic devices on the front garden of a previous property. It worked really well on all but the one deaf cat :) - the sound annoyed me too, but I didn't spend much time out there.

Back
Top Bottom