**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
Stupid question incoming! I've got an F11 BMW that no longer has run flat tyres on, will the recommended tyre pressures still be the same even though the tyres are no long runflat?

Man of Honour
I can't praise my Assy 3s enough. The ride is excellent and it's lovely and smooth on the motorway. I also rarely ever see the DSC light, I saw it all the time with the factory PZero fitted.

Hard to believe these are runflats.
Soft sidewalls, which is why on track they are gash but well suited to a big cruiser.

Soldato
So had two tyres replaced due to punctures with one being unrepairable and the other whilst repairable low tread (3m) so just did it anyway

Am now considering the only two as apparently 63% worn and tread is 4m, would you replace now or just wait till later? I don't really know how long tyres take to get worn as it were, dont do even 8k miles a year.

I know looking back should have probably just done em all but some silly reason I didn't :/

Soldato
@Mark1989 if you're driving a front wheel drive then get the worn tyres moved front and the new on the back (if you've not already done so). If you're low mileage then you'll probably been fine for the time being.

Soldato
Any thoughts on tyres in my particular circumstance? My Megane RS 265 Cup has Michelin PS2 fitted on each corner and the fronts are getting close to 3mm. I now use the car for 60 miles a day on the motorway and want a tyre that retains the handling whilst giving long life. Should I just go for the Michelin PS4? Or maybe consider something like the Pirelli P Zero, Conti Premium Contact 6 or Goodyear AS5?

Last edited:
Soldato
Tyres need replacing on my 2013 Fiesta. Not sure which brand to go with. Decent price on the Avon ZZ5s, but from what I've seen, durability isn't great. What would you recommend? Budget £70 a corner fitted.
What size? Black circles have a few deals on Mich/Goodyear/hankook/bridgestones.
I've decided to keep my stock 16" and been looking to replace the Lassa Driveways that came on them and have been on the lookout for the last week or so.

Soldato
What's the verdict on the new Eagle F1 AS5?

I have AS3 all round with the fronts on the limit, would either go for these or swap onto Michelin PS4 for the same price.

225/40/18.

Soldato
I've just ordered a set of Michellin Primacy 4s for my Leon Mk3. 205/55/16 at £65 per corner fitted with £40 off code 4MICH40 at blackcircles.com
It was between the P4s, Turanza T005s, Goodyear EfficientGrip, Uniroyal RS3 for me.

Couldn't get the Primacy 4s in my size :(

Falken ZE310s are highly rated, and I can get those for £67 a corner fitted, by ordering them to my local garage and having him fit them.

Luckily, however, I found out that the car had new tyres late last year, so still more than 5mm of tread :) Saved me a fair bit of money on an already expensive service, with a faulty aircon system and bonnet latch sensor.

Back
Top Bottom