How much money would change your life?

Soldato
Not looking for Euromillion jackpot amounts here just enough that you would be able to lead a much more comfortable life continuing working and doing what you enjoy?

For me I reckon £100k would allow me to clear all debts, put a lump towards mortgage (though no where near pay it) and allow me to take the Mrs away somewhere nice. Leaving our monthly income to cover the remainder of the mortgage and bills and have a decent amount to spend on extras.

Obviously this will be relative to earnings etc but interesting to see what people think is a life changing amount.

Associate
500k-600k. Buy a property out right (in London). Not having to a pay a mortgage for the rest of my life would be nice.

Man of Honour
To fundamentally change my life it would have to be "**** you money" - the kind of money where you could buy up an entire business on a whim just because a member of staff looked at you funny.

Caporegime
TBH I'd be happy with £250-£300k. Enough to buy a nice house up here. Living rent free for the rest of my life would certainly make a huge difference month to month and allow me to clear all my debts too.

Associate
It depends what you would mean by change your life. I am well paid enough that I have a very nice house, holidays and can within reason buy anything I want. Anything more would be just nicer versions of what I have already.

It would have to be a silly amount of money that meant I lost touch with the concept of money and prices which would have a negative effect on my life.

Soldato
I guess I'm lucky since I have no debt aside from my Mortgage and probably save £400 a month on average. I guess with £50k I could get a new bathroom and kitchen, fit a garage for my weights and buy a car.

Caporegime
£1m would do me.

£250k to pay off the house, £500k to buy a couple of 2 bed flats round my area which would bring in a monthly wage of about £2500. Then £50-70k refurbing my house throughout including loft extension, new ktchen and landscaped garden. That would leave about £200k. £100k in the bank and £100k just enjoying myself. Holidays, shopping, new car, that sort of thing.

Soldato
I always say you can never have enough - I would just like to be able to get a car and driver to take me to airport on a whim -jump on plane first class to NY say and have a coffee and meal then jump back on plane home and not even worry how much it costs.
In real life £100k would just see me out. - I have no debts and not a lot of income.

Man of Honour
£150k

Pay off my student loan, clear my mums debts, and put a large deposit on a place locally. I’ve got no problem working for the rest of my life but I’ll be renting for the foreseeable future and would rather be putting that towards a mortgage (mine, not some landlord :p )

Man of Honour
Id need a few million I think. Bit under 300k left on the mortgage, a couple of dream cars and general living and it's gone!

Back
Top Bottom