• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

bru

bru

Soldato
Don't! :D

30 FPS is a unplayable resolution and painful for the eyes and brain in any game. Any lower is just a slideshow, not gaming.

Nice try of rolling, though D:

Please tell me this is some bizarre form of wit?

If you are being serious, as has been said there are nearly 650 million console gamers out there that get by just fine with 30FPS. Watched any television in the last 50 years, well that is mostly filmed at 24 fps. I could go on but what is the point.

Soldato
Since an RTX 2070 can be offered for 429 pounds and 499 dollars would approximately equal it with better performance and better features, wouldn't you think it's a little greedy to ask for that low pricing?

With Nvidia rumoured to be looking to cut prices then much more than that would be defeating the point. $399-$419 might be doable but the problem is Nvidia can almost certainly afford to hammer the prices down now and price AMD out.

Permabanned
Since an RTX 2070 can be offered for 429 pounds and 499 dollars would approximately equal it with better performance and better features, wouldn't you think it's a little greedy to ask for that low pricing?
so after navi it will be £400 so £400 v $500 ? not good enough .. it has to come in cheaper to put real strain on NVidia .
NVidia can get away with knocking £30 off the rtx2070 maybe even £40 so the rx3080 needs to come in and match that price at £400 or less they have a card that will make an2070 ti impossible to make
but hey amd know what there doing ... ?

Permabanned
so after navi it will be £400 so £400 v $500 ? not good enough .. it has to come in cheaper to put real strain on NVidia .
NVidia can get away with knocking £30 off the rtx2070 maybe even £40 so the rx3080 needs to come in and match that price at £400 or less they have a card that will make an2070 ti impossible to make
but hey amd know what there doing ... ?

First check the exchange rates of 500 dollars to pounds, and then come to discuss.
That's 390 pounds versus 430 pounds, and for the 390 pounds you get everything better.

Soldato
Hmm. Good thing I picked up that Vega 64 in the end. I wasn't sure about what features Navi ends up having but I was sure on value (even though I overpaid compared to just getting a V56 by a lot).

Soldato
Current thoughts are to pick up a Vega 56 to keep me going until top spec Navi next year. Based on the rumours. But lets see what happens in a week :)
I'm starting to think that the crazy Radeon price drops aren't to clear out old stock ready for Navi, but to shift the performance tiers down with existing lines; Vega 56 performance isn't coming from a Navi 12 at £250, it's just lowering a Vega 56 to £250.

That'll be disappointing.

Soldato
Just faster than a 2070 for $500 will absolutely tank and makes the card DoA if true.
This.. and same for the lesser card. Why bother with AMD if they are the same price.. may as well get a card with more features. The Nvidia offerings are already overpriced which makes it a complete joke. AMD need to get market share again.. they are shooting themselves in the foot.

If. True. It is wccftech.

Back
Top Bottom