HP Reverb

Soldato
for what it's worth some through the lens video... I must say it looks pretty awesome.

If that is what 2k x 2k per eye with a 110deg for looks like I can't wait for Abrash's 4k x 4k per eye, foveated rendering and 140 degree FoV prediction to come true!

Associate
OP
Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the links fastboy. Like you I had to refresh the 1st one to see the page, and it said 551 (I think) but once added to the basket it's increased to the 598.80 from the second link :(

Associate
Is there a way to get this headset to work with the HTC/Valve base stations and controllers? If so is it fool proof or a major faff resulting in hit and miss results? There is no way I'd consider it if WMR controllers have to be used.

Also what kind of GPU power is needed to drive this thing at decent (playable, 90fps?) frame rates given it's higher pixel count? I currently have a CV1 and an Index on reserve but I'm open to anything as long as the controllers are decent and I don't need to spend a fortune on a GPU (currently have a GTX 1080 and I7 8700k)

Associate
Is there a way to get this headset to work with the HTC/Valve base stations and controllers? If so is it fool proof or a major faff resulting in hit and miss results? There is no way I'd consider it if WMR controllers have to be used.
You might be able to do it, but I suspect you'd need to buy Lighthouses and a couple of Steam controller dongles that will need to be flashed or Vive tracker dongles to support the Vive (or perhaps even the Index) controllers. The headset would still use its inside-out tracking. There are a few reddits and YT videos I think on using WMR with Vive controllers in SteamVR.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
for what it's worth some through the lens video... I must say it looks pretty awesome.

If that is what 2k x 2k per eye with a 110deg for looks like I can't wait for Abrash's 4k x 4k per eye, foveated rendering and 140 degree FoV prediction to come true!

Interesting vid, particularly as that appeared to be pretty damn smooth. I've tried Xplane myself and it ran like a dog, well at least once you upped the detail, and that was with a CV1.

Associate
I got mine for £537 from the first link with a 2.5% hp discount code.
Well done, I tried again using a different computer/browser but it looks to me as if HP have fixed that glitch. I would have jumped at ~10% off to start with but I think I'll wait now and see some more reviews. Please report back when you get yours.

Associate
OP
yea there was some glitch on the website as they cancelled my first order,then sent me a link to buy it again for the same £537 price as an apology so just re ordered

Back
Top Bottom