Strange phone call issuee

Caporegime
I was on a phone call tonight to my mum and had a strange issue that I’ve never come across before.

I was talking to her fine and then all of a sudden the phone cut to a ringing sound. After a few rings it stopped and then proceeded to play back a recording of my conversation, but with just my mums voice on it. Couldn’t hear me at all, just my mum. It then repeated this conversation a couple of times before I hung up.

I tried googling but not much luck. Has anyone had this peculiar occurrence happen to them? What is it?

I doubt it’s anything covert as I can’t imagine why GCHQ would be interested in my mums shopping.

Soldato
....I tried googling but not much luck. Has anyone had this peculiar occurrence happen to them? What is it?

I doubt it’s anything covert as I can’t imagine why GCHQ would be interested in my mums shopping.
That is really weird!? Does yours or your mums phone have a 'record conversation' feature?

Soldato
Sometimes answering machines can record if the call is picked up at exact the time the answer phone is set to pick up.

It'll go to the end of its recording time then end up playing it back.

Back
Top Bottom