6 points and a grand fine I had no idea about!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Tomorrow I have to go to court to make a Statutory Declaration regarding a fine and 6 points which were apparently issued to me back in June.

They have been given due to a 'failure to disclose' the driver caught speeding back in November 2017.

This speeding ticket was for a car I had part exchanged a few months before.

It looks like the logbook never got swapped which is strange as my new car did without issue at the same time.

On top of this all correspondence regarding the ticket went to my old address, so I had no knowledge of this until I received a red letter from the court regarding the unpaid fine. This was sent to my new address, when speaking to them they stated they used my updated license address to find me (as opposed to the incorrect logbook registration used for the speeding ticket).

So tomorrow I have to declare I had no knowledge of the ticket etc. And then apparently it starts all over again and I have to tell them who was driving.

Should be a fun day!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Nah me either, definitely a boring waste of a morning. Thanks Housey but it should all be nice and easy.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
After a long morning of waiting and then giving my declaration they have wiped the points and fine, however now I have to appear at Trail in BRADFORD(!) courts to plead guilty / not guilty to the original charges of speeding and failure to disclose. They've set this date for mid 2019!

I will see if I am able to resolve this with the issuing police directly to get it all dropped.

Sgarrista
Commissario
I will see if I am able to resolve this with the issuing police directly to get it all dropped.

If its been passed to the CPS theyll likely tell you to get lost and deal with it on the day.

Obviously it should be easy to provide your sale receipt etc. (I hope!)

Soldato
The BMWs are probably stolen lol

I know someone who lives there, it's genuine **** hole. He himself got broken in to a couple of weeks back and his car stolen (and then found dumped on the motorway after the thief ran out of petrol). A month earlier their neighbours got robbed at knife point. This in a supposedly ok area. Nice place... To avoid.

What a massive farce though.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
If its been passed to the CPS theyll likely tell you to get lost and deal with it on the day.

Obviously it should be easy to provide your sale receipt etc. (I hope!)

I hope not, as it is simple to prove with the receipt that they are charging the incorrect person therefore further investigation will be required if they wish to proceed with any conviction etc. which is something the police ought to resume rather than allowing it to continue with the CPS.

Sgarrista
Commissario
I hope not, as it is simple to prove with the receipt that they are charging the incorrect person therefore further investigation will be required if they wish to proceed with any conviction etc. which is something the police ought to resume rather than allowing it to continue with the CPS.

You would hope so, but, it wouldn't surprise me if they dont until this case gets thrown out at court.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
So I got a reminder pop up on my phone for my Bradford Court date coming up next week!! That flew by, but I can't remember anything about any of this so good thing for this thread, using it to refresh the memory hah!

Starcourt date 943186
Dear diary, that blonde lawyer today got me feeling to do proper haram tings! Oi-eeee

Now I just gotta find where I kept all that paper work nice and safe...

Soldato
should charge the DVLA for your time and mental stress etc. I had a similar issue when I bought the Audi in 2011 ~ put in the V5, got the confirmation back etc etc, four months later I got a NIP for speeding. it was for the car i'd traded in and had the docs saying it wasn't mine any more. contacted the DVLA, got an apathetic "right, we'll change it", no apology, kiss my arse or nothing.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Anyone in Bradford recommend a nice curry place to hit up for lunch? Might as well enjoy myself while I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom