Down W/ Ice Cream Vans!

Caporegime
Can we ban stationary vehicles from running their engines? The amount of coaches I see in London with their 10l diesel engines just idling for hours on end drives me nuts. Arrogant *****.

Soldato
meh, it only affects that Mr Whippy crap. Now if they tried to bring in a ban that interfered with my ability to get a large cone with choco nutty bear then they got a big ole problem in their hands. So much so that I’d need a ‘shake fist’ emoji!!

Soldato
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...ncerns/ar-AACFIGL?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

can see the point. suppose this is very area-specific; around esstate streets, do they still do much business to make it worthwhile? we get one sporadically, seems to pull up and loiter for a couple mins and then leave, never seen anyone go to it. when i was a kid the things used to get mobbed.

Ice-cream van that comes round my way is always busy. Has been since I was a kid. He makes and sells his own ice-cream, family run business since the 60s iirc.

However back on the original topic point. I was at Weston Park (near Sheffield Children's & Hallamshire hospitals) with my daughter whilst her mum went to an appointment. Just inside the gate there was a I/C van, engine running and not a customer insight.
Directly behind the van was one of Sheffield air pollution monitoring stations.

Let's see if you can guess where one of the major pollution hot spots is shown during hot water.....

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Under Mr Johnson’s proposed change, ice cream sellers would have two options – to upgrade their vans to ultra-low emitting vehicles or only use scooped ice cream.

So not really an issue at all then.

Back
Top Bottom