• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Associate
RAL is coming with the 7/7 driver update, with initial DX9 & DX11 support. DX12 & Vulkan later. Support is general rather than per game. Some working better than others, though.

Polaris and up to benefit apparently.

Keeping my RVII, then.

Soldato
https://twitter.com/ASUS_ROGUK/status/1138407026227318787

AMD Next Horizon Introduced the world's first display with Display Stream Compression technology.
That means:
4K resolution
144Hz refresh rate
FreeSync 2 with HDR
NO chroma subsampling

Uses a single DisplayPort cable

Any guesses who made it?
1f60f.png

Soldato
I don't know what to make of this launch.

How does the blower style card compare to dual/triple fans?
I've always ran with the fans.

If bad like I think, then Red CPU, and Green GPU for me.

The reference 5700XT model, which is blower, beats the dual fan RTX2070. Hence I believe the triple fan custom AIB ones will be better.

Caporegime
How I see this Navi launch is what Zen1 was to Intel. It is a hello we here but not quite there yet. Its a coming of a new age for AMD and I can honestly say this with confidence that a year or two, AMD with Navi will be pushing Nvidia price and performance to the top.

All in all its very exciting stuff and I am really happy what AMD has shown us with Zen and Navi.

The only thing I can agree with peoples negativity in here is the pricing and as a VEGA user, it's not left us much to jump to but has defo raised an eyebrow.

Let us look back at this post in a year or two ;)

It's not even close to zen1 lol.

Soldato
Soldato
nice way to refer to a bunch of people.
Well people are idiots en masse. Individuals are great, but people are dumb.
you cant base your theory of cost and exclude half of the facts.
Clearly you've missed the entire point of what I was saying. Nowhere was I talking about real production, nowhere was I talking about real numbers. I was merely and only giving a simplistic illustration to answer Chrisc's question about how smaller dies on a more expensive wafer can still net cheaper costs. That's it, nothing more. Now if you've interpreted that as some detailed guide into manufacturing then that's on you.
That is only true if die sizes decrease. Which they haven't, Navi looks to be 251mm^2, basically he same as Polaris.
True true, but as I've said a few times, I wasn't talking about any real production, simply answering Chrisc's question.

Soldato
Who exactly is the 5700XT aimed at?

Who is any GPU really aimed at? That question can not be answered. What you might find overpriced or underwhelming is someone next buy. A 5700XT would be a nice upgrade for a user coming from an RX 590/GTX 960 and wanting the next best thing available PCie 4.0 might be just what they looking for. Who knows might be into editing while doing some gaming in the spear time.

We can all sit here and talk rubbish about any hardware doesn't all mean we correct. Either way Navi has some nice features that am sure will all make more sense over the next couple years.

Caporegime
Who is any GPU really aimed at? That question can not be answered. What you might find overpriced or underwhelming is someone next buy. A 5700XT would be a nice upgrade for a user coming from an RX 590/GTX 960 and wanting the next best thing available PCie 4.0 might be just what they looking for. Who knows might be into editing while doing some gaming in the spear time.

We can all sit here and talk rubbish about any hardware doesn't all mean we correct. Either way Navi has some nice features that am sure will all make more sense over the next couple years.
Yeah but frankly, most Ford Focus drivers aren't eyeing up a Lamborghini as their next car... not that I'm saying Navi is a Lambo lol. Just wrt pricing.

So a ~£220 card user probably isn't eyeing up a £450-£500 cards as their next upgrade. And nor should they be forced to do just that to get any upgrade.

So likewise, who is a 5700 non-XT aimed at?

Caporegime
Yeah but frankly, most Ford Focus drivers aren't eyeing up a Lamborghini as their next car... not that I'm saying Navi is a Lambo lol. Just wrt pricing.

So a ~£220 card user probably isn't eyeing up a £450-£500 cards as their next upgrade. And nor should they be forced to do just that to get any upgrade.

So likewise, who is a 5700 non-XT aimed at?

Raging Fanboys?

The thing i vega cards will disappear, and likely Polaris once lower end Navi models come along. So From AMD's line up you wont have a choice. Consumer's will just compare price, performance and features with Nvidia's line up. AMD can;t be expect many sales TBH.

Soldato
How I see this Navi launch is what Zen1 was to Intel. It is a hello we here but not quite there yet. Its a coming of a new age for AMD and I can honestly say this with confidence that a year or two, AMD with Navi will be pushing Nvidia price and performance to the top.

All in all its very exciting stuff and I am really happy what AMD has shown us with Zen and Navi.

The only thing I can agree with peoples negativity in here is the pricing and as a VEGA user, it's not left us much to jump to but has defo raised an eyebrow.

Let us look back at this post in a year or two ;)
Any GPU can look good when priced right, just look at Vega.

When AMD haven’t sold a single Navi unit and realise that presenting inferior products for more money isn’t a great idea then the significant price drop will come and it will and then yes these will look good.

Associate
Well people are idiots en masse. Individuals are great, but people are dumb.

Clearly you've missed the entire point of what I was saying. Nowhere was I talking about real production, nowhere was I talking about real numbers. I was merely and only giving a simplistic illustration to answer Chrisc's question about how smaller dies on a more expensive wafer can still net cheaper costs. That's it, nothing more. Now if you've interpreted that as some detailed guide into manufacturing then that's on you.

True true, but as I've said a few times, I wasn't talking about any real production, simply answering Chrisc's question.
thats a nice way to backpedal :), 'Therefore, in this incredibly simplistic example, it is cheaper to produce the cards using the smaller die.' But its not as your wrong. either way were done as this really cant go any further can it. :D

Back
Top Bottom