• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
I fear the death of AMD gpu's is finally coming(arrived), and bare in mind, Im the biggest AMD fanboi that i know.
(apart from the original vega's those are an amazing price-performance ratio compared to anything on the market)
It's next year or two which tells what kind plans AMD had for GPUs/if those plans succeeded.
They wouldn't have had resources to get GPU department up to needed speed to bring anything revolutionary compared to previous cards out yet.
Products go from finalizing design on paper to starting physical implementation design like year before getting to shops.

Stop trickle feeding us you buggers, 8k tvs are soon to be a thing
I would rather have them shelf 8k for a while and actually get out monitors with proper contrast, response times and viewing angles.
8k is just more lipstick on a same old pig.
Just like HDR with those you're going to need welder's mask to avoid face burn BS brightnesses.

Soldato
It's next year or two which tells what kind plans AMD had for GPUs/if those plans succeeded.
They wouldn't have had resources to get GPU department up to needed speed to bring anything revolutionary compared to previous cards out yet.
Products go from finalizing design on paper to starting physical implementation design like year before getting to shops.

I would rather have them shelf 8k for a while and actually get out monitors with proper contrast, response times and viewing angles.
8k is just more lipstick on a same old pig.
Just like HDR with those you're going to need welder's mask to avoid face burn BS brightnesses.
They could totally make a 2080ti powered card, they choose not too because the profit is not there for them, what they fail to understand is that it wins hearts and loyalty, as proved by nvidia fans. and would boost sales of the lower cards to be on the team with the biggest willy

Permabanned
They could totally make a 2080ti powered card, they choose not too because the profit is not there for them, what they fail to understand is that it wins hearts and loyalty, as proved by nvidia fans. and would boost sales of the lower cards to be on the team with the biggest willy

Yup, the Radeon VII must have been that card, if only the proper architecture was found :D

Soldato
That's the bit that got my attention. It'll be interesting too see if it's the same with other titles Nvidia usually run away with.

Decided not to spend on a RVII and grab one of the 5700XT special edition and watercool it. Just for the sake of science and tinkering with new tech. :)
In true spirit of this forum name, and not how it has ended up with recent years where many have made their PC an expensive £3000 console bragging about it, ignoring the true meaning of "overclocking". Which made "overclocking" the achievement of moving a slider on MSI AB.

Some times I do feel like we are in console forum atm, where fanatics fighting between Xbox and PS, or worse on a religious forum back in the 1517 just after the Protestant Reformations, were Catholics and Protestants chop each other head.

Soldato
Decided not to spend on a RVII and grab one of the 5700XT special edition and watercool it. Just for the sake of science and tinkering with new tech. :)
In true spirit of this forum name, and not how it has ended up with recent years where many have made their PC an expensive £3000 console bragging about it, ignoring the true meaning of "overclocking". Which made "overclocking" the achievement of moving a slider on MSI AB.

Some times I do feel like we are in console forum atm, where fanatics fighting between Xbox and PS, or worse on a religious forum back in the 1517 just after the Protestant Reformations, were Catholics and Protestants chop each other head.
Aye OK :rolleyes:

Soldato

chop each others head made me lol

Permabanned

Well, you can see if the Navi card will give you different image quality compared to the Vega that you have had.
Because... right now, my integrated Vega 8 gives different images compared to the Baffin in the RX 560X.

Soldato
See you are exactly the point of my post. Missing completely the point.
You are a good soul, but people aren't going to view it correctly while in this protestant frenzy, we are in the age of the crusades the dark ages of memes and divide and conquer.
I only woke up the other day from the amd / nvidia thing.. it takes something to make you realise we are the play things of both companies, just buy what you can afford at the performance you want.
If you want to go 180mph you choose a car that can go that fast at the price you can, whether a saab or a porshe or ferrari, if your doing it for the "ooh i've got a ferrari you have a smelly audi" then you are the douche

ps. sorry if you have a ferrari:D:D:D:D:D

Soldato
AMD has already tried big chips in the past.
Didn't really improve their position.
Same for also even making way superior architecture in power efficiency giving excellent performance with very frugal power consumption...
Only for sheeples to eventually reward Nvidia better for making power hogging cards which were seriously late from original promises.
Because sheeples always find some fault in AMD, including playing parrot on buggy drivers claim, while Nvidia gets forgiven and forgotten even cards burning driver.

Nvidia also made whole generation of breaking prone bad package design GPUs and in the end paid very little for that.
And whole lots of very dirty tricks imitating Intel's traditional competition strategy.

So why should AMD in their current economic situation of not having loose extra on bank account risk spending money to something more likely to not cover its costs, when that alone is highly unlikely to cure literal nvidiotism prevalent on markets?
G-Sync is another obstacle there.
In that Intel is actually going to make GPU market lot healthier place.

Permabanned
Same for also even making way superior architecture in power efficiency giving excellent performance with very frugal power consumption...
Only for sheeples to eventually reward Nvidia better for making power hogging cards which were seriously late from original promises.
Because sheeples always find some fault in AMD, including playing parrot on buggy drivers claim, while Nvidia gets forgiven and forgotten even cards burning driver.

Nvidia also made whole generation of breaking prone bad package design GPUs and in the end paid very little for that.
And whole lots of very dirty tricks imitating Intel's traditional competition strategy.

So why should AMD in their current economic situation of not having loose extra on bank account risk spending money to something more likely to not cover its costs, when that alone is highly unlikely to cure literal nvidiotism prevalent on markets?

AMD is in the best shape now since the ATi acquisition in 2006. See their debt now, it's only 1B$:
1znbl37.png

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/AMD/amd/debt-equity-ratio

It makes perfect sense for them to start trying harder to regain the performance crown. Which will lead to a better reception from the customers with regards to their intentions of being a "premium" brand and charging more for the products.
They can't be a premium brand if their top product only equals the mainstream parts of the competition, right?

Soldato

Gsync and Freesync needs to die off, as does Displayport.

What the industry desperately needs is for everyone to move ASAP to HDMI 2.1 and for everyone to support HDMI Forum VRR.
And dump displayport, dump gsync and dump freesync

Permabanned
Gsync and Freesync needs to die off, as does Displayport.

What the industry desperately needs is for everyone to move ASAP to HDMI 2.1 and for everyone to support HDMI Forum VRR.
And dump displayport, dump gsync and dump freesync

It's better to dump HDMI and replace it everywhere with DP ;)

Soldato
It's better to dump HDMI and replace it everywhere with DP ;)

So we can have more proprietary crap that separates the industry - that's worked out so well for PC's - that's partly why a $2000 PC monitor can't even come close to a $1000 TV in image quality

Soldato
So we can have more proprietary crap that separates the industry - that's worked out so well for PC's - that's partly why a $2000 PC monitor can't even come close to a $1000 TV in image quality

Let me.know when your 1000 dollar tv can do 144hz gsync/freesync with no flickering, with 4:4:4 etc, with almost no input lag. Totally different use cases. Oh.. and displays colours accurately with no upscaling effects etc.

Soldato

That video was pretty damn scary, as the ending said about the next new gpus that come out they will do anything they can to make you want them.......... super......

Soldato
You are a good soul, but people aren't going to view it correctly while in this protestant frenzy, we are in the age of the crusades the dark ages of memes and divide and conquer.
I only woke up the other day from the amd / nvidia thing.. it takes something to make you realise we are the play things of both companies, just buy what you can afford at the performance you want.
If you want to go 180mph you choose a car that can go that fast at the price you can, whether a saab or a porshe or ferrari, if your doing it for the "ooh i've got a ferrari you have a smelly audi" then you are the douche

ps. sorry if you have a ferrari:D:D:D:D:D

Actually atm I have no car due to the fact sold everything in February in UK, and on long term holidays at my home in Greece, for at least a year or more :)
Look "Deus Vult" memes are some that I know pretty well, especially because I play a lot of CK2 and EU4 :D

Back
Top Bottom