• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Associate
If PC GPU prices keep the way they are I am going to ditch pc gaming and just stick to consoles, there is no way I am paying upwards of 1k for a top end gpu and I have been buying top end gpus all my life.

I don't really understand this. If you don't see the value/cant afford/whatever other reason a £1k top end GPU, put still like using a PC, stick to the 2nd tier GPUs - they will still outperform consoles. Not that consoles are bad... it is purely a form factor preference at this point.

Associate
Not going to happen.:)

There is no replacement for the 2080 Ti in the leaked specs yet so unless NVidia are going to stop selling 2080 Ti cards 2080 super won't get close to it.
one of the recent rumours/"leaks" I've read suggests the 2080 Super could be an unlocked 2080ti chip and thus could be oc'd to the same speed? just with 8gb ram instead of 11... any thoughts/chances of that?

Soldato
The rumours have been inconsistent depending on where you read them. Some have the 2080 Super as a regular 2080 with a few extra CUDA cores. Some have the 2080 Super equivalent to the current 2080 Ti with a new 2080 Ti Super being the new top of the line consumer cards.

Guess we'll find out which it is in the next couple of weeks (hopefully).

I've currently got a Vega 64 and was planning to move to Navi but looks like nVidia might get my cash with their "super" cards.

Soldato
I think people will be surprised. Doom runs very well because it's very locked down & limited shooter in scope (FPS, small areas, few AIs, low count particle effects etc), but as well because id are just great technical devs. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see it run 4K 60 fps, everything maxed out (yes, with RT) on a "mere" 2070.

V F

V F

Soldato
I think people will be surprised. Doom runs very well because it's very locked down & limited shooter in scope (FPS, small areas, few AIs, low count particle effects etc), but as well because id are just great technical devs. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see it run 4K 60 fps, everything maxed out (yes, with RT) on a "mere" 2070.

Before the Zenimax takeover, I'd agree but they are no longer the great id Software they used to be.

Soldato
DOes RTX run on vulkan? or only dx12 because Doom eternal vulkan rtx would be the perfect combination for high fps and resolution

Back
Top Bottom