*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
ah right lol

im still trying , im guessing i need to purchase some game card for that region ? but what happens when you switch region back ? can you still play the game , can my account get banned , do i need to set up another account

im not 100 per cent sure how it works tbh
you can switch region back without any issues. but i've left mine on south africa because every time you switch region you need to put your password back into the console which is a PITA.

yes you can play any game in any region - no issues.

can you get banned? - probably it's likely in their T&C's you shouldn't be doing this. But I don't think anyone has as of yet.

No you use the same account in all regions just change the region to suit.

Man of Honour
Set-and-forget the South Africa region to always save over purchasing from the UK store as there is no need to switch back. 10 seconds work for a saving on every purchase, and even you are capable of doing that :p

If you want to maximise savings then yes it can get more complicated as the US, Mexico, Japan and Canada eShops need a supported payment option which most UK people won't have. If you do, then it is also trivial.

my revolut card. which should work in any country on the planet.

There are many unsupported countries: https://community.revolut.com/t/unsupported-countries-and-regions/27426

Are these revoult cards free ive heard of them but never looked into them

Yes it's free.

Associate
Yes, but you will need a separate account to avoid losing any remaining funds if you switch your account region.

So lets say i didnt mind losing the odd dollar then i would just use my same account ?

Does the switch work like a xbox where games you buy stay in the cloud lol and you can download and uninstall as you please

Thanks

Man of Honour
So lets say i didnt mind losing the odd dollar then i would just use my same account ?

Does the switch work like a xbox where games you buy stay in the cloud lol and you can download and uninstall as you please

Thanks

1) I'm not sure because I've never used points cards due to people saying the balance gets wiped when changing regions.

2) Yes, but the game data is stored locally unless you have Nintendo online (£4 a year).

Associate
thanks for all the input guys just a couple of things for this newbie here lol

am i right in thinking i dont need to create a network id and link it to switch as ive been trying for the last half hour but it says no and then i have read the switch now uses just your email and user name and you dont need to link it .( i did download free game off pc and it started to download on switch )

2. controllers -- i am playing mario u deluxe and i enjoy using the little joycon on its own but every time i start the switch up i have to go into settings to do the controller so the switch knows im using the joycon on its own .

is there no way to set it permanent so when it starts up you just control the one joycon on its side old school style ?

still not figured out this buying from other regions lol seems the savings from s.a are not that huge from u.k

Man of Honour
Is there no way to set it permanent so when it starts up you just control the one joycon on its side old school style ?

still not figured out this buying from other regions lol seems the savings from s.a are not that huge from u.k

1) Only turn one of the joycons on, not both. Then press both the SL and SR buttons on that joycon to put it in horizontal mode.

2) The saving varies per game, it can be a very large difference for some games. Just change your region on https://accounts.nintendo.com/ and buy the games as you normally would.

SA is just the easiest place to save a bit on every purchase, go here to find the best region for a specific game if you want to maximise your saving: https://eshop-prices.com/prices?currency=GBP

Back
Top Bottom