• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Soldato
I've got a 2080. No interest in ray tracing at all xD. Was better priced than 1080 Ti when I bought mine. So went for the newer card.

In a couple of gens time maybe the 4080 Ti etc, if we can turn ray tracing on without it crippling FPS I might try it. If there was any loss in fps or having to downgrade resolution to turn it on I would just never use it.

If AMD launch a faster GPU without ray tracing I would take that.
If Nvidia made a faster GPU without ray tracing I would take that too xD

Does anyone care about this current implementation of ray tracing? I really doubt it. It's just not ready yet.

Man of Honour
Does anyone care about this current implementation of ray tracing? I really doubt it. It's just not ready yet.

I'm having a bit of fun with it in Quake 2 - some self indulgent map editing rather than a ray tracing showcase but I need a Turing card really :( I have to drop to 640x480 to get 60 FPS with high settings on my 1070 and anything beyond 1280x720 (~20fps by that point) is a literal slideshow.

Associate
This is the slowest something super of all time, it's been 'coming' forever, when the hell is it going to arrive so we can move on to the next pointless 40 page 'something is coming' thread :D

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like the 2080ti sales are starting, another retailer is selling the 2080ti FTW3 Ultra for £1149.98. That is a very temping price

Back
Top Bottom