• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Associate
I find it weird you'd hope AMD are releasing a flawed product lol.

For an enthusiast it's only a minor flaw with poor stock voltage settings. Not that you'd want to see it repeated. The biggest flaw that's currently obvious with the 5700 series is the damned blower cooler. I'm interested to see if a good cooler will allow 2GHz and what performance that would entail.

Caporegime
IMO no... £450 for a 10-20% bump over a tweaked v56

Yup, and the Sapphire/Powercolour custom cards are gonna be £500+ easy (and the crap Asus £650+ :D)

Also as an aside, if nVidia are doing a little refresh of their line-up I'm personally not expecting their 7nm cards til Aug/Sept next year easily. Just zero need for them to do it! Turing will be a full 2yr architecture.

Soldato
So on the anniversary $500usd card, AMD forgot to change the name on the fan shroud - and now we know that before the switch - this card was called the RX690 and the 5700 called the RX680

The RX590 was $279usd on launch
The RX690 *cough* 5700 xt is up to $500usd on launch

I think AMD changed the name to avoid the backlash. How does that make you feel?

Soldato
So on the anniversary $500usd card, AMD forgot to change the name on the fan shroud - and now we know that before the switch - this card was called the RX690 and the 5700 called the RX680

The RX590 was $279usd on launch
The RX690 *cough* 5700 xt is up to $500usd on launch

I think AMD changed the name to avoid the backlash. How does that make you feel?
People would be battering down the doors to get them had that actually been priced that way with that perf.

I just bought a new king size mattress instead of Navi lol. Something that wasn't overpriced.

Caporegime
Resigned?

Doesn't change anything, I wasn't going to buy it (at these prices) and so how I feel is really neither here nor there.

I will only feel like buying one if they drop the price... a lot. Like to mid-range prices where they belong. £250 ish. I mean heck it's not much faster than a Vega 56 so £250 is pretty generous!

Soldato
Resigned?

Doesn't change anything, I wasn't going to buy it (at these prices) and so how I feel is really neither here nor there.

I will only feel like buying one if they drop the price... a lot. Like to mid-range prices where they belong. £250 ish. I mean heck it's not much faster than a Vega 56 so £250 is pretty generous!

I would buy Navi if cheaper but even then, as you say, it's not really much faster than older tech.

bru

bru

Soldato
Yet we do not know how fast it is either, until July 7th......

This is very true, so far we have based all of our assumptions off of AMD's own slides and although they wont of flat out lied about the performance, their slides might very well be a generous estimation of overall performance.
Of course their slides must be fairly close due to Nvidia supposedly bringing us the super editions of the 2060,2070 and 2080, so they at least know where performance lies, or thereabouts.

Anyway as Panos quite rightly said we will find out on the 7th July.

Permabanned
https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/radeon-rx-5700-xt-690-graphics-card-e3

6dea74db1d0df31330b66f0bc554953ff0c0250b.jpeg

Soldato
Did AMD hire Linus? The Navi shroud looks like Linus dropped it again and the designers thought it was supposed to look that way lmao

Back
Top Bottom