Do you have passion in your life?

Associate
No.

When I look around at the world we've created I see a car crash in slow motion.

Everything from golf to cars to painting is a distraction. We want to be distracted tho. We've created a society that very much looks like a prison. A prison that consumes, destroys, expands, repeat.

I think you are right with most of what you said.
Isn't it funny the more you distract people from the real world, the more you get paid? Footballers, celebrities, music stars etc, then while the majority aren't paying attention, our rights are being stripped away from us.

Hitman
Soldato
Normally the top of the engine fairing on a Warrior is flat and curved on the Archer, hence my guess. Only ever flown low-winged aircraft.

I'm just west of EGBB's airspace too. Fly out of EGWC. So yes, I think we could be close! :D Guess you're out of EGBO, or are you a member of my club lol?

Yeah EGBO at the mo. Pic was on final for 34 with the Wrekin in the background! I had no idea there were flying clubs over there, are they open to the public? I'll be heading over to Sleap in the coming weeks to get my rating renewed and check their offerings out.

Associate
I had no idea there were flying clubs over there, are they open to the public? I'll be heading over to Sleap in the coming weeks to get my rating renewed and check their offerings out.

Yeah, there's one flying club over there. We have 2 Warrior IIs and an Archer II. The club is/and isn't open to the public and our prices are a bit cheaper so we're not allowed to advertise them in the public domain. My mate flies from BO, we went up in G-OAAA and I was a bit surprised how much he needed for my share of the trip to Wellesbourne and back! It's a bit awkward as the club has to keep to a strict Service Personnel to Civilian ratio.

Hitman
Soldato
Yeah, there's one flying club over there. We have 2 Warrior IIs and an Archer II. The club is/and isn't open to the public and our prices are a bit cheaper so we're not allowed to advertise them in the public domain. My mate flies from BO, we went up in G-OAAA and I was a bit surprised how much he needed for my share of the trip to Wellesbourne and back! It's a bit awkward as the club has to keep to a strict Service Personnel to Civilian ratio.

Ah that's a shame! BO overall is just quite expensive sadly which is why I'm having a look at Sleap. For the price I was paying for the Warrior and dry lease on two other aircraft, I can save myself up to around 50% per hour which soon starts to add up for the amount of hours I need to do!

Associate
My BO is completely free. I'll send you some if you like.
:D

Ah that's a shame! BO overall is just quite expensive sadly which is why I'm having a look at Sleap. For the price I was paying for the Warrior and dry lease on two other aircraft, I can save myself up to around 50% per hour which soon starts to add up for the amount of hours I need to do!

If you wanted to, you could trust me some details and I could have a word with the CFI and see if there's any vacancies.

Soldato
From the age of 15 it was clubbing and dance music, and that has persisted for over 20 years, but I can't deny that 'real life' gets in the way now.

From bedroom DJ who would crank out at least one mix a month, to struggling to find the time to do maybe 5 mixes over an entire year, and I don't even have kids yet!

Does help that 20 years of dance music has made me exceedingly picky, so it takes longer for me to amass enough new music for a mix of any given genre, but I still love it.

Nothing like sitting on a train, hearing a track you have heard a thousand times before, and still getting goosebumps.

Where do you get your music from? Every time think about getting back in to mixing I look on a few music download sites and I end up depressed at the amount of utter trash that’s on them :(

Soldato
Anyone made a career out of their passion? Those are the best careers.
Thinking about my old school friends one notable success is an unexpected one. They didn't do well in most subjects but one. They were even refused entry to Uni in the UK but that hasn't stopped them from going on and being very successful simply because they lived it, breathed it and didn't give up. Most people enjoy their careers but few are really passionate about what they're doing. Success for them was more easily found in another country, one which doesn't try to hold people back like the UK can (attitude of the Brits). In the UK they were basically told to give up their dream as they won't go far. Today more successful than any of their doubters and basically living their dream.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My pond...and my music studio

My pond allows me to get into a zone away from noise...I filter it, plant aquatics and watch them grow...I connect with nature...

My music...allows me to express myself...recording live drums with 8 mics is very satisfying...I love the process...

I’ll return here later with a pic of my pond :)

Soldato
Anyone made a career out of their passion? Those are the best careers.
Thinking about my old school friends one notable success is an unexpected one. They didn't do well in most subjects but one. They were even refused entry to Uni in the UK but that hasn't stopped them from going on and being very successful simply because they lived it, breathed it and didn't give up. Most people enjoy their careers but few are really passionate about what they're doing. Success for them was more easily found in another country, one which doesn't try to hold people back like the UK can (attitude of the Brits). In the UK they were basically told to give up their dream as they won't go far. Today more successful than any of their doubters and basically living their dream.

you gonna tell us what this person does??

Caporegime
This is what is really getting to me lately and I can't seem to find a way out of it :mad:

Sit down and write a list of what you would like to...

Could be anything...dive the barrier reef? Learn the banjo?

Choose a goal...Then work towards that goal...

My next goal is to buy a Van...convert it to a stealth camper (basic) then explore Europe...I live 15 miles from the ferry direct to Rotterdam..I’ve got adventure on my doorstep that I just take fro granted...

The open road, my guitar and my collie and adventure...my job is just a means...it’s an inconvenience and you have to fight and not tread water but swim !

Soldato
you gonna tell us what this person does??
Wanted to leave that out so people consider what they're passionate about as people will automatically think "I want to do that " :). But movies, media, directing and anything related including working with companies on technology products relating to the industry.Where over here your potential might be judged by pieces of paper and some don't want you to be more successful than they are(hold you back, destroy your confidence), and there are the things they faced, they headed to the States, the land of opportunity, and due to his passion, was presented with those opportunities. Runs own company, works with top celebs, directs, films, is an Academy member (can join by recommendation only - you cannot apply for that) so involved with the Oscars too.
So, Uni in the UK told them to give up on their dreams as they won't achieve them due to lack of qualitications, they've achieved more than most do with degrees in the industry :). Still involved in the UK too - was on career posters in London a while ago encouraging people to follow their dreams or something.

Last edited:
Soldato
No.

When I look around at the world we've created I see a car crash in slow motion.

Everything from golf to cars to painting is a distraction. We want to be distracted tho. We've created a society that very much looks like a prison. A prison that consumes, destroys, expands, repeat.

From what?

Caporegime
Where do you get your music from? Every time think about getting back in to mixing I look on a few music download sites and I end up depressed at the amount of utter trash that’s on them :(
Still beatport, but rather than sift through the garbage I listen to dj mixes for inspiration.

Still takes ages to get enough for a mix, hence me do far fewer each year.

Soldato
Still beatport, but rather than sift through the garbage I listen to dj mixes for inspiration.

Still takes ages to get enough for a mix, hence me do far fewer each year.
That’s where I look but it’s soul destroying. It was much easier when things were released on vinyl!

Back
Top Bottom