• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Caporegime
Nothing, it isn't out yet but that doesn't stop people taking issue with userbench 'results' which compare incomplete metrics. If that link is even remotely accurate however, the 5700 was always meant to compete with the 2060 and that is what the link shows. Don't know why some people are getting their panties in a bunch :p

A lot of that happening in the Ryzen 3000 thread, for weeks now.

Looks like Ryzen 3000 is looking a lot more like a compiling product than Navi.

Associate
A lot of that happening in the Ryzen 3000 thread, for weeks now.

Looks like Ryzen 3000 is looking a lot more like a compiling product than Navi.

The thing is, every product (excluding a few stinkers I can think of) is compelling to someone, just because it isn't necessarily us doesn't make it a failure.

Navi will find its way into various pre-build PCs and consumers who don't update every time Nvidia sneeze will be interested too. I'm talking about people like my old man, who has a 560ti.

There are lots of PCs out there with multiple generations old graphics who maybe in the market for a new PC or an update who will consider Navi.

The PC elite (which I consider to be people in forums like this) will always look at the top end and compare everything to that. If a product doesn't match up, then its written off as a fail, plain and simple.

The PC reality is, that we are a miniscule percentage of PC owners and very rarely represent the hardware needs of the majority.

OcUK Staff
Caporegime
The thing is, every product (excluding a few stinkers I can think of) is compelling to someone, just because it isn't necessarily us doesn't make it a failure.

Navi will find its way into various pre-build PCs and consumers who don't update every time Nvidia sneeze will be interested too. I'm talking about people like my old man, who has a 560ti.

There are lots of PCs out there with multiple generations old graphics who maybe in the market for a new PC or an update who will consider Navi.

The PC elite (which I consider to be people in forums like this) will always look at the top end and compare everything to that. If a product doesn't match up, then its written off as a fail, plain and simple.

The PC reality is, that we are a miniscule percentage of PC owners and very rarely represent the hardware needs of the majority.

I think it depends on price, if its similar to RTX card's in performance and price its not compelling.

You see right now with their CPU's the 3600/X looks similar in performance to the 9700K at £200/£250, the 3700X/3800X similar to the 9900K at £330 / £400.

And then high IPC 12 core 24 thread for £500, 16 core 32 thread for £750, those are a lot cheaper than SkyLake-X and significantly higher performance, core for core.

That's compelling.

Associate
Ouch! How can they ask silly money for something on around V56/2060 level of performance?

I'm going to be honest, I am more interested on the lower end of the FPS counts, I don't care for how high the FPS goes, I know there are people with very high refresh rates but I care more for what the floor FPS is as AMD floor FPS has suffered in games where they are more Nvidia optimised, though to say optimised is wrong, geometry heavy scenes because AMD rocks on shader heavy scenes but most of the games I play are geometry heavy however I prefer AMD drivers and feature set, enhanced sync destroys the Nvidia equivalent and this is important to keep.

Caporegime
Thanks for the chuckle, much needed on a Monday.

Shut down the graphics division because they struggle to compete at the top end of the ridiculous niche market that is PC gaming? lol OK. So bin off the console market, bin off the semi-custom business, bin off mobile, bin off data centre compute, bin off the deal with Samsung, bin off Stadia and cloud gaming, all because AMD can't beat the 2080 Ti and decided to fleece the market that the consumers created?

Yeah, I chuckled.
Wait, 2060 perf is top end now? I guess that's why they're asking £400+ for it.

Funny tho, I could have sworn...

Associate
I'm going to be honest, I am more interested on the lower end of the FPS counts, I don't care for how high the FPS goes, I know there are people with very high refresh rates but I care more for what the floor FPS is as AMD floor FPS has suffered in games where they are more Nvidia optimised, though to say optimised is wrong, geometry heavy scenes because AMD rocks on shader heavy scenes but most of the games I play are geometry heavy however I prefer AMD drivers and feature set, enhanced sync destroys the Nvidia equivalent and this is important to keep.

im the same, id rather have a higher average, with a lower peak. Than have a higher peak with a lower average.

Back
Top Bottom