• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Caporegime
Couldn't be arsed to sell the games and they were only going for £25 in the MM.

So there's only a fiver in it.

Does mean I've got to start playing some games again now. Haven't played or even thought about playing games for probably a year now :p

Which was probably because the noise of the 480 was like a room full of XBox 360s mining crypto.

I use Afterburner because I found Wattman to reset on me all the bloody time!

-62 on the Volts
+50 on the Power Limit
1710/1720 on the core clock (gives me a sustained 1660/1670 on the core)
950 on the HBM (Samsung mem)

Keeps it nice and cool and pretty damn quiet on the stock fan profile :)

Caporegime
The price drop will help.

But it just puts them to where they were before the supers came out.
Offering better price/performance than cards that are too expensive.

Overclocking will be very important to my purchase, as the 2070 Super OC performance is what I want.

Soldato
The 20k firestrike score that was leaked a couple of days ago for the 5700 matches the leaked score for the PS5.

next 12 months will be Very exciting time for armchair enthusiasts.

Caporegime
The 20k firestrike score that was leaked a couple of days ago for the 5700 matches the leaked score for the PS5.

next 12 months will be Very exciting time for armchair enthusiasts.
That PS5 score will be meaningless. The actual chips to go in it probably don't exist in their final form yet.

So it'll be a dev kit score (a dev kit being an approximation/abstraction of the PS5 hardware).

Caporegime
So, dare I ask. Is anyone planning on picking up a 5700 or one of its variants? Subject to testing? On release?

I'll be buying a card around September time, gotta wait for a water lock release from EK first. :)

Man of Honour
So, dare I ask. Is anyone planning on picking up a 5700 or one of its variants? Subject to testing? On release?

I'll be buying a card around September time, gotta wait for a water lock release from EK first. :)

I might grab a couple to play with, not really sure. The lack of real compute and more game focused performance for me is a bit of a turn off tbh. I'd sooner get a few frames less and have some serious compute grunt. I may pick one up to compare against my V11 and Vega64 cards.

Man of Honour
After all the complaints that Vega was a compute card shoehorned into gaming, Navi was always intended to be a gaming-focussed design. Yet not having high-end compute performance is a negative now?

I mean for my use case yes. This isn't a criticism and I fully understand that this is a more gaming focused arch which is fine. Vega for me was a bit special as it covered all my needs hence why I have owned a ton of Vega based cards including V11. I'll probably still buy one to play with regardless. I just dont expect it to fit for me as well as Vega did.

Associate

I'll be buying a card of some sort. I'll be waiting for prices to settle and AIB cards to come out. It will be watercooled though so the cooler type won't be an issue.

Soldato
I mean for my use case yes. This isn't a criticism and I fully understand that this is a more gaming focused arch which is fine. Vega for me was a bit special as it covered all my needs hence why I have owned a ton of Vega based cards including V11. I'll probably still buy one to play with regardless. I just dont expect it to fit for me as well as Vega did.
Gotcha

Soldato
I'll be buying a card of some sort. I'll be waiting for prices to settle and AIB cards to come out. It will be watercooled though so the cooler type won't be an issue.
So if you're watercooling, why wait for AIB cards? To pay a premium for a massive cooler you'll never use? And the chances of getting a waterblock for an over-engineered beast mode card are slim.

Associate
I must add this x fire can do 4 cards for us who spent thousands on server and w/s boards. Nvidia has All of just 2 as they are limiting there gpu,s to this when i spoke to them.The best bit app AMD can do do 4 x fire and dual or single w/s cards for cad at the same time..Now in respect of any thing AMD are not bending you over a desk and forcing you to buy hi end for Xfire...Nvidia have dealt us a crap hand over w/s kit for a period of time leading to this.So on those grounds alone im supporting the other team and the 800xt many moons rocked over the 6800 ultra imo...Now i will say app AQUA COMPUTERS ARE not making a cooler for some time. But heatkiller may and if not and for some time just for pure fun...well Il be modding a heatkiller cpu block to pop right on it:) TBH im glad this has happened after buying 3 166oti to find out Nvidia are limiting sli and water blocks for lower end kit....AMD ITS TIME TO SHINE BABY AND IM ON YOUR SIDE ESP WITH PCIE 4 ready...

Associate
X fire is not dead lolol x fire began years ago and i believe stems from the days of seperate hori and vert sink on the voodoo series..dont see Nvidia doing that...Nv link ok its good hat off but i spoke to AMD and it aint over till fat lady sings and 2070 well if you want to fit a card size of a subway in your rig..tbh im going to the dark side for a while should i say gold and black....had to many Nvidia cards break burn and fail and my old x800 xt pro smashed my old 6800 ultra in the day so im going to play with fire my vega under may be juicey but its preety cold on the liquid metal grizzly stuff. and a heat killer block. The new AMD are ref size so it wont be like Nvidias subway in my rigg to me thats more air flow esp with 6 slots to fill:)

Back
Top Bottom