• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Can see the 3600 being the next 2500k for gaming at less than £200.

No way. 2500k/2600k topped charts at reasonable prices. What 3600 might do is match performance we've had for years for half the price. Impressive, but 2500k was something else (even more so when overclocked).

3600 is probably going to be in a lot of gaming computers and for a good reason.

Associate
What sites do people recommend for non-gaming benchmarks and especially DAW usage?
I used to like TechReport but they only seem to review mouse mats and cheese these days.

There's a competitor based in Bolton that rhymes with "Pram". Their Pro Audio blog does pretty exhaustive dawbench testing, but usually a few days after the launch of a new CPU. (Is it ok to link to them if it's not a sales thing?)

Associate
There's a competitor based in Bolton that rhymes with "Pram". Their Pro Audio blog does pretty exhaustive dawbench testing, but usually a few days after the launch of a new CPU. (Is it ok to link to them if it's not a sales thing?)
I know Pete from SOS so might drop him a message on their forums. He tends to test with overclocked chips though which puts me off but I'll still take a look.

Back
Top Bottom