• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Anandtech state that power figures are correct. 65w CPUs limited to 88w power draw, and 105w CPUs at 142w. That is the set PPT figures.
Amusingly, they turned PBO on and had identical results as stock, ostensibly because of non-final BIOS not actually allowing PPT (and other limits) to be dynamic.

Edit: what I did find odd was that IF/uncore power draw was reducing as more cores were loaded; single core at full load was around 15w through the core, plus 23w IF/uncore.

Associate
such a shame, been waiting on this, and now seems borderline pointless, for me anyway. Runs hot and little to no overclocking headroom coupled with ridiculous motherboard prices negating any price benefit on the cpu's.

Of course if multi-thread performance was important to me then I would be all over the 3900x.

OcUK Staff
@orbitalwalsh

So then... X570 Taichi is ~£240 everywhere except OCUK, awaits apology. :cool:

I think there is an error our end or an error at the competitor, I have checked in our system and our cost is above the competitors by quite some distance, it is also odd how said competitor has launched all Asrock with a discount, so seems they maybe made an error, or we have the wrong cost, but our cost us a UK supplier so no mix up between USD and GBP.

Just buy elsewhere. No wonder 8 pack was plugging the hell out of it lol.

Its a fantastic board and said competitor are below our cost, so yep go buy them elsewhere because if an error and if honoured you just saved around £100.
If its an error our side we will find out later tomorrow after I speak with Asrock and distributor.....

Associate
. Runs hot and little to no overclocking headroom coupled with ridiculous motherboard prices negating any price benefit on the cpu's.

Of course if multi-thread performance was important to me then I would be all over the 3900x.

Don't need to buy an x570 mobo unless you need 8 USB 3_2 or pcie gen 4

Soldato
I think there is an error our end or an error at the competitor, I have checked in our system and our cost is above the competitors by quite some distance, it is also odd how said competitor has launched all Asrock with a discount, so seems they maybe made an error, or we have the wrong cost, but our cost us a UK supplier so no mix up between USD and GBP.

Its a fantastic board and said competitor are below our cost, so yep go buy them elsewhere because if an error and if honoured you just saved around £100.
If its an error our side we will find out later tomorrow after I speak with Asrock and distributor.....

Yeh, they seem to have a massive discount applied.

Back
Top Bottom