• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5700 and RX5700XT review thread

Associate
Navi disappoints on many fronts performance wise, its a mid range card at best. price point is ok but it gets beaten by the 2070s in most but a few games. the VII remains AMD's top card to date. this can be seen as a vega 56 vega 64 replacement with quite a small considering 2 years later performance hike.

over all its no NV killer.

Caporegime
Navi disappoints on many fronts performance wise, its a mid range card at best. price point is ok but it gets beaten by the 2070s in most but a few games. the VII remains AMD's top card to date. this can be seen as a vega 56 vega 64 replacement with quite a small considering 2 years later performance hike.

over all its no NV killer.

i dont know what they are trying pull with the prices.

This should be a £300 card at this stage.

Caporegime
Caporegime
Only had a quick look but at 1440P faster than a 1080 Ti in a few cases. I'm not a fan of the "fine wine" talk but they can probably improve them a bit further. £120 less than some want for a used 1080 Ti (£500). Doesn't seem so bad to me for a brand new component with no quibbles warranty

The 1080Ti is two years, and 4 months old!

Soldato

Techpowerup always seem to show AMD cards in the worst light. The Guru3d review probably has the 5700xt on par looking at just the dx12 games at 1440p. DX11 especially on some of the older titles swings it back to the 2070 super. What people need to realise though is the actual competing card is the 2060 super which gets thrashed. 5700xt is $400 and the 2060 super is $399. Any how with a blower cooler this is as bad as it gets for the 5700 series and it will put up a better showing with a decent cooler and better drivers. As usual launch drivers appear to be unfinished.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can really see just how much Nvidia have been `f You` to the consumer with the entire RTX range originally launching at £460 for RTX 2070, a card which this £300 gpu beats in a number of tests! Hot and loud is how i would call the Nvidia RTX FE range, just as this is.

Soldato

Vega is a lot better with a simple under volt, hopefully the same will apply. If not, then, custom cards will be the only option unless you are water cooling. Also, there doesn't seem to be much overclocking headroom.

The 2070 Super is definitely the way to go.

Caporegime
Vega is a lot better with a simple under volt, hopefully the same will apply. If not, then, custom cards will be the only option unless you are water cooling. Also, there doesn't seem to be much overclocking headroom.

The 2070 Super is definitely the way to go.

Can't see why AIB's will go crazy with the 5700XT, given it's a mid range GPU.

Soldato
So you'll have to make the card even louder to keep its clocks stable. That's not really great lol.

If it was a 175W part my opinion would be different.

Based on their review the XT is actually boosting over the spec sheet. Guru get the XT boosting over 1800

amd-rx-5700-vs-5700-xt-specs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom