• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
That's weird.
Cinebench is FPU. Which is gaming performance. To be ahead on Cinebench Single Thread benchmark, but coming second in gaming isn't right.
I don't trust the 9900K clocks.

If Cinebench = Gaming Performance then today would have been a whitewash for AMD.

It's just not the case.

In an AMD chip there's so much more going on, CCXs, Infinity Fabric, Chiplets etc.

Caporegime
If Cinebench = Gaming Performance then today would have been a whitewash for AMD.

It's just not the case.

In an AMD chip there's so much more going on, CCXs, Infinity Fabric, Chiplets etc.

Why would it be a white wash? You can't force stuff to use cores and 9900K has better core for core performance.
If you ran a 9900K at max and a 3900X at max in Cinebench ST. The 9900K would win out. As it does for gaming.

Caporegime
I'm spending the £1500 I had earmarked for a beefy new AMD rig on something that can bring me some more enjoyment than 10-15%
gains on my 5 year old CPU. On a side note I'm spending too much time here, last night I dreamed Raja Koduri was at a mate's house party and we sat for a chat.

Yep, can get a 2080 Super and save the rest, that'll give you much better gaming performance than £1500 on a new AMD rig.

Associate
Just saying the 9900k is still the gaming king is not looking at the whole picture, if you just look at the top of the charts and go by that your missing a lot out.

The 9900k is old hat now, its on an older platform with much less functionality, uses much more power and is less secure.
Now i dont know about most folk here but that more than make a difference to me when it comes to a few % in some gaming benches - the Zen2 platform is clearly superior and no 5-7% win is some games is going to make up for that.
Heck we dont even know what the 3800x will do yet, or the 3950x which is still to come to battle the 9900kf

We also dont know the limits of the ones just released either.
Yeah but it is still the gaming king old hat lol its only been out 8 months.

Associate
Yep, can get a 2080 Super and save the rest, that'll give you much better gaming performance than £1500 on a new AMD rig.
I'm thinking of getting a couple. I hate the idea of stepping down to 80's not TIs or top of the stack but they're the same price as my 1080Tis cost and should give me another 20-25% hopefully.

Associate
Is that an outlier?
No but he only showed two titles.
Screenshot-20190707-201347-You-Tube-Vanced.jpg

Back
Top Bottom