• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

OcUK Staff
Pretty much everyone, including you lot received them this morning, maybe you just had a pre-10 courier. :p

Point is the supply is not ample, far from it, if our additional 200 does not land, we shall be out of stock. I am sure most competitors have PO's in place for vastly larger quantities than what they got just like us, so the product is indeed quite short, the USA is sold out, says it all really.

Any 3800X in amongst them?

Nope, this CPU seems to be not to be seen anywhere, not seen any reviews or shipments of stock at all, but we have so many AMD shipment notifications it is very hard to keep track of them all.

Soldato
hah, neat.
I'm watching the german original and he sounds so mad.
Taking a big dump on AMD marketing for their advertised clockspeeds which the CPUs never reach. No, not even in single core.

I am awaiting people to call him an intel fanboy.

He is bang on right of course. If they not hitting those clocks except in very rare situations then its misleading.

Perhaps a warning sign is that this embargo date is the same day you can buy.

Don
Nope, this CPU seems to be not to be seen anywhere, not seen any reviews or shipments of stock at all, but we have so many AMD shipment notifications it is very hard to keep track of them all.
It’s weird, I’ve even got a suspicion it’ll be a 2x4 part rather than a 1x8 part which should help with clocks and cooling.

Soldato
Version number of latest BIOS for my Prime Pro x370 is 5008, the x470 variant is on 5007. I can only deduce from these version numbers that a 3800x will work just fine in my current board.

It's safe to assume it will work right?

Associate
I am awaiting people to call him an intel fanboy.

He is bang on right of course. If they not hitting those clocks except in very rare situations then its misleading.

Perhaps a warning sign is that this embargo date is the same day you can buy.

They should be taken to task for this because it's just giving wiggle room to Intel and nvidia to start their own.

If there's a technical bug in bios or such that's prohibiting it, then they should come out and explain that it's being looked into.

Throwing unattainable figures out there purely for marketing purposes should not be tolerated and if there's a legal liability here, I'm all for it.

Associate
Does any store actually have any R7 3700X stock right now?
I'd love to know that too. Can't find it anywhere and holding off buying any other parts until I can get the CPU. Right now I'm considering giving up for a month or so until the stock levels become more sensible.

Back
Top Bottom