• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Uh most "reviewers" are terrible at benchmarking. lol @ his shadow of the tomb raider 4K High benchmark. A crappy Radeon VII would be so bottle-necked at those settings, then shows a 3600X with 58 FPS and a 9900K at 53 FPS. Literally none of those CPU's would even be close to maxed out yet he "Shows" a large gain with the 3600X. Total amateur.
Just watching it and it doesn't matter if it was 'bottlenecked' at 4K, there was a fairly measurable benefit to the 3600X in SOTR at 4K. The 1440p showed the bottlenecking already. Interesting to see the difference though. I don't see how he's being such an amateur doing testing with the Radeon VII either. Using cards from both vendor's would be the way to see if there's an artificial issue with Nvidia drivers anyway.

Not sure why he ran Superposition though. It's not a CPU test :D

Though not sure how you can dispute the 2080Ti results at 4K ;)

Soldato
I ordered the 3900x this morning when they showed in stock. But it hasn't dispatched yet so I guess the stock was perhaps covering the pre-orders yesterday. I am still hopeful that it might ship tonight though. Overtime for the warehouse workers? :D

Soldato
I ordered the 3900x this morning when they showed in stock. But it hasn't dispatched yet so I guess the stock was perhaps covering the pre-orders yesterday. I am still hopeful that it might ship tonight though. Overtime for the warehouse workers? :D
I've just spoken to someone at ocuk and he said mine is next in line to be shipped, didn't say today though!

Associate
I didn't say you wouldn't get yours shipped today, I said you were nearer the back of the queue. I ordered mine yesterday and it still hasn't been shipped.
if its in stock when you place and order and choose next day delivery as the option then with any other retailer i deal with you should get exactly that. Not a lucky draw to wait and see if you are lucky for the next shipment that comes in at the end of the week.

Associate
if its in stock when you place and order and choose next day delivery as the option then with any other retailer i deal with you should get exactly that. Not a lucky draw to wait and see if you are lucky for the next shipment that comes in at the end of the week.
I selected next day delivery as well. It's not just you. Chill out, relax, you will get it. No point blowing a gasket.

Soldato

Dude, it's a high demand item and you ordered a whole day after launch. Even if it said 10+ in stock at the time you ordered there might have been any number of other orders ahead of you pending payment processing before the web shop stock quantities updated

I appreciate you're annoyed but you've made your point and its there any need to keep ranting? Perhaps take it up with CS or cancel your order if you feel so strongly.

I ordered 4 minutes after launch and even I'm not sure I'll get stock allocated.

Associate
Q. Do we have any info on what CPU is gonna be used in the next gen consoles? Specifically cores.

8 core / 16 thread Zen 2 family. Probably some kind of updates to what we're seeing in the consumer products, and lower clocks, since they'll launch Q4 '20 at the earliest.

I think quite likely on Samsung 7nm EUV. MS & Sony will want minimal power draw at what ever is affordable. Samsung 7nm EUV will offer an improvement over TSMC's vanilla 7nm, and it's doubtful TSMC will have the kind of wafer volume available on 7nm EUV that they will want, at the price they want.

Probably something like 3.2-3.4Ghz all core if they leave it on 7nm. Probably 3.5-3.7Ghz all core if they move it to EUV.

Associate
I'd rather order something from OCUK and wait a week than buy it from other certain companies ;). Customer service at OCUK has never failed me, and often gone above and beyond.

Associate
Dude, it's a high demand item and you ordered a whole day after launch. Even if it said 10+ in stock at the time you ordered there might have been any number of other orders ahead of you pending payment processing before the web shop stock quantities updated

I appreciate you're annoyed but you've made your point and its there any need to keep ranting? Perhaps take it up with CS or cancel your order if you feel so strongly.

I ordered 4 minutes after launch and even I'm not sure I'll get stock allocated.

I am a strong believer in good customer service and i will happily pay for service, if some one says something will happen then i expect it too. If another company sends me a PO then i allocate that stock to them instantaneously regardless if its a credit or pro-former. I get its day 1 but still don't lie to you're customers that's bad business. Anyway enough said i have cancelled my order out of principle and will order elsewhere even if it takes longer. Im not P155ed that i wont get it tomorrow im p155ed that i was lied to.

Back
Top Bottom