• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
Has anyone benchmarked the bloody 3800x yet?
jrmxvn6dre931.png
icj8rjnwre931.png
3vbw2nsm0f931.png

Associate
aye, on the same board and it's calling to me everytime i look at it to have a 3xxx series chip plonked into it. but i'm not giving in until the bios revisions are in place my sanity is more important to me! the current f40 bios to support Ryzen 3xxx was released on the 14.06.19 - anyone in their right mind thinking that bios will be anything but a place holder/token gesture/piece of ***** needs their head looked at.

Spot on, I wasnt fancying that bios either! I'm sure there's likely to be a couple released before i take the plunge..

Permabanned
One of them was me. Just spend 1hr playing with this bad boy (3700x) and it was not that hard. Currently running 3800mhz cl14 1:1 . 63ns latency with Aida. Only mem write speeds are ugly for all 3000 series except the 3900x.

Will try to push more tomorrow...

PS: still waiting for the lost courier to get my other chip from OCuk...
My Stuff Just landed :]
Whole new rig for my mate and 3900x for myself
3a5097b68a75979f42b020fdb560b50c88f5d78e.jpeg

Associate
Such a crappy launch for these processors outside of few companies like OCUK who actually manage to get some stock. It's been three days since launch, stock in Finland was expected on Monday the 8th. Two days later the arrival of first stock has moved not once, twice, three times, but four times. First to 10th, then to 11th, 17th, now 22nd. In three days we've added 14 days to the arrival of first stock. I can't wait to see how far the date moves before something actually arrives.

Soldato
Such a crappy launch for these processors outside of few companies like OCUK who actually manage to get some stock. It's been three days since launch, stock in Finland was expected on Monday the 8th. Two days later the arrival of first stock has moved not once, twice, three times, but four times. First to 10th, then to 11th, 17th, now 22nd. In three days we've added 14 days to the arrival of first stock. I can't wait to see how far the date moves before something actually arrives.
look on the positive, when stock finally does arrive a lot of the bios bugs etc will have been ironed out.

Soldato
Ye some Chinese chap was posted here like 20 pages ago
Yeah and it was actually the 3900X not the 3800X.
I'm not sure the 3800X has been seen in the wild yet for any reviews to take place, still sceptical that OCUK will get them in today, but I hope I'm wrong as I've ordered one.

Back
Top Bottom