• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Associate
Good question. I just wanted "the best" in the end. Sold something decent on eBay today and thought **** it. Im buying the 3900x. The Tom’s hardware review of the 3800x convinced me that the 3800x wasn’t going to be faster than the 3900x in games. And I thought I am maybe buying a bit of future proofing.
Also just the fact I “wanted” a Ryzen 9. Just combination of all those things. None of which make and sensible sense (for a gamer). But there it is.

I got 8Pack 4000mhz 16gb ram a while back when it was cheap(er).

Haha this is exactly my 'logic'. I think I just "want" the 3900x without any real use case for it apart for gaming with chrome tabs open. :p Might just take the plunge.

Can you see me talking myself into it :)???

What was the Ram at price wise before?

Associate
Anyone else have the X570 Taichi? All ive done is XMP the ram and left everything on default.

Ryzen master shows 1.4 volts. Should i be turning this down to 1.3 volts in the bios?

Associate
@Sin_Chase - Thanks for the Bios tips. Now seeing Boost speeds of 4.55 on multiple cores (no more thank 2 at once) with RAM at 3600 cl16. In PBO i set the Scaler to x10 and let the motherboard control the rest. Seem the AMD minimum that is applied on auto are a liuttle to conservative and no point having a Master if not going to use the powere delivery. Voltage set to Normal with offset to -0.0125, LLC at Turbo

Idle Temps currently at 35C with Volts fluctuating from 0.95 to 1.25.
On load voltage peaks at 1.48 but tends to be closer to 1.325. Max temp 74C

Checking Temps / Volts with my normal usage and everything appears safe in HWinfo so think i will leave these as my 24/7 settings for now at least.​

Associate
What is confusing me is that HWInfo seem to display the VCore with the offset, but CPU Z shows 100mv more like if it was not applied. Dont Dont know which one to believe.

Soldato
Disabled PBO from Auto (whatever auto means).

Prime95 temps 58c. Idle temps spiking 60+. Makes sense.

Okay so idle ryzen keeps feeding single core 1.5v+ which causes these temps spikes, is this behaviour really necessary? I feel like all the bioses are just broken, I refuse to believe 40-60c idles is normality for this cpu.

Soldato
Not happy with the temps on my 3700x. Using a liquid lite 120 aio, not the best but no reason why i should be hitting 84c in game. This is with PBO on.

Why is it feeding the cpu 1.48 volts when i use spotify ffs.

Soldato
Cpu-z is also showing 1.5v idle volts, it is just more quick to show that it drops to 0.x sometimes but the cpu is still being fed 1.5v+ often

Soldato
Just did a quick test with Cinebench R20. Multicore 4825, Single core 503

3700X
Aorus Master X570
16GB 8Pack 4000MHz @ 3600MHz CAS16 (badly tweaked atm!)

Seems about the right ballpark.

Soldato
Mmm seems like Corsair and GSkill running out of ram fast ... Know ram prices on here have started to go up with the trend of ryzen . But yeah , happily sink some stock in now on ram producers... And expect nice return end of the year ..

Just a friendly heads up.

@Journey ^^^ if you can get your ram orders in. 5-7% mark up at ram vendors listing this week I believe . Prime day was last tip

Associate
For the CPU fans? Use the CPU temp as a source / set point.
Yeah, the only problem is that manual fan curve does not seem to be working with the X570 Taichi. I can put the little fan on Quiet mode, no problem. However the CPU Fan 1 and CPU Fan 2 curves dont seem to respond to manual tweaking. They are running at about 80% all the time no matter what I do.

I have a Fractal S36 with 3 120mm fans connected to the AIO fan controller to CPU Fan 1. I have another 3 connected to a different Fan Hub connected to CPU Fan 2. The 3 chassis fans seem to be fine.

Associate
Not happy with the temps on my 3700x. Using a liquid lite 120 aio, not the best but no reason why i should be hitting 84c in game. This is with PBO on.

Why is it feeding the cpu 1.48 volts when i use spotify ffs.

Play with PBO, i went into the advanced PBO settings and changed the controllewr from CPU to motherboard, set scaler to X10 and then changed voltage on CPU to Normal. Voltage is behgaving muich more now and i am seeing the voltage drop to .95v also seeing core boosts of up 4500 Mhz, i also set offset to -0.0125 and SOC to 1.125

Associate
Force the update via https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 instead of Windows Update. Or its fresh install time.

thanks, will give that a go when I'm home :) would really prefer not to do a fresh install, too much stuff to re-install!

Well I've spent the last three hours trying unsuccessfully to update windows, now tried to re-install and it won't let me do that either (can't find recovery environment).

tbh I'm getting pretty hacked off with windows 10 killing itself every few months.......

If I re-install from installation media, is there a way to do it while keeping my files etc?
If not I don't think I'll bother, it's far too much effort to get everything set back up the way I want it, I'm going to have to spend probably 20 hours or so re-installing all the software I use, not to mention anything that won't activate again so I'll have to re-buy it....

Back
Top Bottom