Any Sharpie users?

Soldato
You'd be looking at fineliners then? Unless you're looking at putting down some fat lines on paper.

https://www.sharpie.com/pens (only three of those are fineliners)

But sharpie are not the only ones making fineliners

https://www.cultpens.com/c/q/explore/product-type/pens/fineliner-pens

I used to use the famously orange stabilo fineliners for a while and they were nice enough. Can't say I have a wide experience but these things put down a tidy thin line like a ball point and have different failures to ball points. I guess the main thing is fineliners always need less pressure.

Soldato
OP
@Hotwired

I didn't realize that Sharpie only done 3 models for some reason i thought they done many different types , Cheers for the link to the fine-liner pens

Your spot on about them needing less pressure as the reason i asked is for a elderly neighbour having dexterity problems.

Soldato
The best ballpoints I've ever used (and what I use day to day) are space pens. They don't dry up, they don't break, ink lasts for ages (like the 1 in 100 biro that doesn't get an airlock) and write on anything.

The only problem is people steal them thinking they're not a £20 pen. Having to explain to someone why you're really annoyed with them for nicking what is essentially is a biro means diligent pen pocketing, locking of drawers etc.

You can almost guarantee if someone "borrows" it, they're so nice to write with they'll steal it. And then deny it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

1.6mm ballpoints are so much nicer to write with than standard biros

The best ballpoints I've ever used (and what I use day to day) are space pens. They don't dry up, they don't break, ink lasts for ages (like the 1 in 100 biro that doesn't get an airlock) and write on anything.

The only problem is people steal them thinking they're not a £20 pen.

Thanks all , i'll suggest them to him though i can't see him spending much , a sharpie fine-liner should do it.

Man of Honour
The only problem is people steal them thinking they're not a £20 pen. Having to explain to someone why you're really annoyed with them for nicking what is essentially is a biro means diligent pen pocketing, locking of drawers etc.

You can almost guarantee if someone "borrows" it, they're so nice to write with they'll steal it. And then deny it.

Problem with pens in general and any distinction won't even enter these people's minds - it is rare anyone puts a pen back where they found it when they are done usually just casually discarding it near where they were working with complete disregard to whether anyone else will need it or even when they will next need it at which point they seem to expect an infinite supply of pens on hand.

Back
Top Bottom