What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
I Am Mother
6/10

Worth a watch. Quite entertaining. A few plot holes and very predictable.

A cross between Silent Running, Oblivion and Moon

Soldato
Watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail with my son, he was floored by the randomness and weirdness of it all while I was happily reciting it to myself as it went along. Good evening's entertainment! 5/5

Soldato
Annabelle Come Home 4 /10

Completely generic run of the mill "horror" with less of the horror and more of the loud bangs to make you jump. Took an age for anything to happen, I would say the first half of the film was just all misdirection, and when it did start it wasn't particularly suspenseful and the end was just lol

Associate
The Lion King (2019) - 5/10

The best looking Disney remake to date, but definitely not the best remake.

The power ballads lack power, the lion characters all look too similar, and the singing and talking animals are jarring. It lacks fun when it should be funny, and the story isn’t that great either.

It’s a visual treat from start to finish, but you’re better off watching the original for the best experience.

Permabanned
That the new one?

One of the worst films I have seen in a while. Gets about a 3/10 from me. An utter turd of a film.

Yeah, I would give it a 2/10....I would say that it was like it was written by a 9 year old but I'd hate to do 9 year old such a disservice... I can't believe it was honestly written as a serious attempt to make a decent film.... Just checked wiki and it make 160 million box office on a budget of 80 million. Why make decent films when you can turn out tosh and get a 100% return on investment.

Soldato
Yeah, I would give it a 2/10....I would say that it was like it was written by a 9 year old but I'd hate to do 9 year old such a disservice... I can't believe it was honestly written as a serious attempt to make a decent film.... Just checked wiki and it make 160 million box office on a budget of 80 million. Why make decent films when you can turn out tosh and get a 100% return on investment.

Sad to say you are right. Garbage like this makes money, so of course they will keep churning it out :(

Not a patch on the original film. Just uses its name as a meal ticket.

Caporegime

The often say marketing is approx the same budget as a movie itself, up to about $100 million so it's likely it didn't make money.

Soldato
Sicario 2 - Loved the original film, one of my favorites of the last few years. This as I imagined it might be is poor in comparison and adds nothing. The look of it and set pieces were excellent, very consistent with the original. Acting was fine but the overall story arch is a real letdown compared to the original which managed to create a creeping dread verging on a horror film. The story in this film is contrived, didn't feel complete at all and the ending was hugely odd and unsatisfying. 5 / 10

American Assassin - Wow this film is super violent and doesn't give a ****. This is an 18 film that has no intention of being a 15 and toning it down. There are 3 elements all jarring against each other in this film. 1. A sense or adult realism from the violence and some of the subject matters involved. 2. Some genuinely good spy craft in exciting world locations with a plot out of a Bond film. 3. Some completely cartoonish Marvel style details you would expect from a 12A or PG film! Also the CGI ending looked straight out of Sharknado. Fight scenes were very impressive though and I was entertained, but it's throwaway nonsense really 6/10.

Associate
American Assassin - Wow this film is super violent and doesn't give a ****. This is an 18 film that has no intention of being a 15 and toning it down. There are 3 elements all jarring against each other in this film. 1. A sense or adult realism from the violence and some of the subject matters involved. 2. Some genuinely good spy craft in exciting world locations with a plot out of a Bond film. 3. Some completely cartoonish Marvel style details you would expect from a 12A or PG film! Also the CGI ending looked straight out of Sharknado. Fight scenes were very impressive though and I was entertained, but it's throwaway nonsense really 6/10.

This film is odd. I agree with pretty much all of those points. I think it got a lot of flak because it basically copied what happened in Tunisia around the time. I quite enjoyed it though!

Soldato
This film is odd. I agree with pretty much all of those points. I think it got a lot of flak because it basically copied what happened in Tunisia around the time. I quite enjoyed it though!

Yep it's definitely bordering on being exploitative and certainly relishes lingering on the violence.

Caporegime
Shazam!

I thought it was pretty fun, ptobably the only other DC film (along with Wonder Woman) since Nolan's trilogy that I actually liked.

7/10

Bad Times At The El Royale

Weird, but strangely gripping, I certainly wanted to find out what the deal was, and was pleasantly suprised a number of times.
Miles running aimbot.exe was sweet!

Could do with less singing from the singer though, that was meh.

7/10

Back
Top Bottom