Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Caporegime
I always love this question about great photographs. When you go round someone's house and they cook you a fantastic meal do you ask them what oven they used?

Photos I take with my friends £600 Canon DSLR come out way better than pictures I take with my ancient entry level Nikon DSLR.

Good equipment makes it far easier to get a good shot. I'm sure if I handed my camera to mrk he could get some excellent pictures out of it because he has the skills, but pictures he takes on his gear will still look better.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I always love this question about great photographs. When you go round someone's house and they cook you a fantastic meal do you ask them what oven they used?
No, but you might ask about the ingredients, whether the meat came from ASDA or the local butcher.

Much like which lens or camera was used to take the photo..

Soldato
Aston3.jpg

Aston2.jpg

Aston1.jpg

Turned up to my parents and their friend was over in his Aston. Its a Vantage N400 4.3ltr V8. Sounds so nice and goes very well as I found out when he was kind enough to drop me over my mates before a night out. Depending on the dates he might come to the rolling road day.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Was sent this page as an example of some UX features this morning but did make me chuckle:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...d=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used

PX DRIVEN IN BY PREVIOUS OWNER BUT AS IT DOES NOT MEET OUR NORMAL RETAIL CRITERIA DUE TO MILEAGE IT HAS NOT GONE THROUGH OUR USUAL PRE SALE INSPECTION PROCESS WHICH IS REFLECTED IN THE WELL BELOW NORMAL MARKET PRICE

You don't say! Asking £200, and I worry my 08 Civic with 160k and dodgy cracking filler on one side isn't worth £500.

Soldato
@Dup Looks fine to me

12 June 2019
Fail
Mileage 119,320 miles

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):
  • Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded to the extent that control of the vehicle is likely to be adversely affected floor area (5.3.6 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded to the extent that control of the vehicle is likely to be adversely affected boot floor wheel arch area (5.3.6 (a) (ii))
Repair immediately (major defects):
  • Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength sill area (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength sill area (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength floor area (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength floor area (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Rear Brakes imbalanced across an axle Axle 2 (1.2.1 (b) (i))
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Nearside Front Suspension arm ball joint has slight play (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive boot floor (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Front Wheel bearing slightly noisy (5.1.3 (b) (i))
  • Offside Rear Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))

:p

Soldato
@Dup Looks fine to me

12 June 2019
Fail
Mileage 119,320 miles

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):
  • Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded to the extent that control of the vehicle is likely to be adversely affected floor area (5.3.6 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded to the extent that control of the vehicle is likely to be adversely affected boot floor wheel arch area (5.3.6 (a) (ii))
Repair immediately (major defects):
  • Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength sill area (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength sill area (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength floor area (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength floor area (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Rear Brakes imbalanced across an axle Axle 2 (1.2.1 (b) (i))
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Nearside Front Suspension arm ball joint has slight play (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive boot floor (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Front Wheel bearing slightly noisy (5.1.3 (b) (i))
  • Offside Rear Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))

:p
I think if you look up she'd in the dictionary there's a picture of that car lol.

Somewhat related, there's a range rover svr outside our flat that we are currently staying in, the sound does put my m3 to shame. I'm trying to get a cheeky picture without it looking like I'm going to Nick it lol. Looks nice in blue.

Soldato
"Not gone through our usual inspection process" lol

Why dont they just say its not roadworthy. Its worth less than scrap value because someone has to make the effort to move it.

Soldato
I really want to like the look of the Alpines and I can see what they were going for but having one swept and one round set of lights just looks all wrong to me.

Used to see an old Alpine parked up at my old work, now that was seriously nice looking.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom