Man of Honour
OP
What state of tune is the engine in?

Are the 3 exhausts held together with springs?

1) Stock, but he had a 660cc motor that he was planning to put into it. I declined as that's too much work for me and if I ever need more power then I will just buy a litre bike.

2) No, jubilee clips and exhaust paste are needed to change exhausts. You can see them in the box at the back.

Man of Honour
OP
Very good bike the r6 5eb.

Cbr600rr3 here.

Waiting for scrutineering to open

Obligatory action shot

Lovely bike.

What does scrutineering entail? I've only rented bikes before for track days so they did everything for me.

I know my tyres have 1-2 track days left in them so I'll be bringing my spare tyres and pads to my first track day, but is there anything else I need to be thinking about?

Lovely bikes! I'd love a track bike, or a supermoto for the track - maybe when I buy the next house; I'll get a garage and make the dream come true :)

My purchase was only £2000 and that's in mega expensive Switzerland so the entry price can be very low. I'm certain that the ongoing costs aren't cheap though.

Soldato
My purchase was only £2000 and that's in mega expensive Switzerland so the entry price can be very low. I'm certain that the ongoing costs aren't cheap though.

Sadly, our current house doesn't have a garage, just a couple of allocated spaces behind a coach house, and space out front for a drive - next on the list of home improvements! Currently, the RS lives out the front of the house, as we are set back from the cul-de-sac up a private road. Still not actually done a track day - my local circuit is Castle Combe, which can be hired privately for about 2.5k; mates rates!

Soldato
Lovely bike.

What does scrutineering entail? I've only rented bikes before for track days so they did everything for me.

I know my tyres have 1-2 track days left in them so I'll be bringing my spare tyres and pads to my first track day, but is there anything else I need to be thinking about?

I shouldn't think you'll need to worry about scrutineering, it's not something we do in the UK although Switzerland might be different. I don't track day anymore just race with a regional club.

Look after it like you would your road bike, keep on top of your suspension, brakes, change oil and filters regularly, chain and sprockets, tyres etc.

Good price for a 5eb with the spares you have, they're the club racers weapon of choice over her for golden era supersport.

Soldato
I'd love a track bike and I've looked into it so many times, even into looking at how I could turn a transit van into an overnight camper with room for a track bike! The cost of individual track days puts me off though, especially as my nearest track to home is Oulton park, or where I work now, my nearest track is Brands which is 2 hours away :(

Man of Honour
OP
I'd love a track bike and I've looked into it so many times, even into looking at how I could turn a transit van into an overnight camper with room for a track bike! The cost of individual track days puts me off though, especially as my nearest track to home is Oulton park, or where I work now, my nearest track is Brands which is 2 hours away :(

My nearest track is 3.5 hours away.

Soldato
Thruxton is under an hour away from Fareham.

Soldato
Been using my R1 as a track bike for the last 2 years really, been through a few colours and exhaust/setups in that time but really pleased where it is now.

Just got back from Cadwell park, did Spain again in May too which is always fun.

as to the distance to tracks putting people off, i have more fun in 1 session on track than a whole year of road riding if i did it anymore, regardless of the drive, after the first session it's always worth it, unless it's raining and you forgot to bring wets.. then it's crap :p

Here's some pics of the bike and some onboard from Cadwell before it started hammering down.

R6 looks great btw, loved my 05 5SL.

Just a word of warning with the 5EB R6s, they love to crack the liners, if it starts cutting out when warm do a compression test, most if not all of them suffer with it at some point, there are companies that will reline them, but normally cost more than the bike is worth.

A few mates run them as track bikes and have had great fun on them, dropping the oil after each trackday seems to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF3rmDsjQUY

YS2e9ov.jpg
bhyYpdi.jpg
amCAuC3.jpg
VLxroKG.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers Mini,

It's incredible bud and absolutely worth the horrendous drive at least for me "4hrs", the nickname "mini Nurburgring" is well deserved, bonkers place, was my first time there and can't wait to go back.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for the advice and nice photos uksoldierboy.

I got a video of a random lap. I didn't time them so I have no idea if this is my best or worst time.

Back
Top Bottom