• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AIB 5700XT

Soldato
Fair to say all the cards are overpriced at the moment. Sadly I suspect I'm going to have to just accept it as I need something 1440p high refresh capable until big Navi shows up...

Associate
OP
Fair to say all the cards are overpriced at the moment. Sadly I suspect I'm going to have to just accept it as I need something 1440p high refresh capable until big Navi shows up...

I'm currently running a Vega 56 and using it at 1440/144hz absolutely solid card

Soldato
Oh dear...
You had aib 2070S already sell for £475
You had 1 single AIB sell for £475 and Asus did that as a short term thing. Gibbo himself has said he had to talk to Asus to hold the first batch at that price.
(and you can order Ventus 2070S for £500 in 2 weeks)
That's not £475, is it
with a superior game bundle.
An upsell feature only of use to those who are able to wrangle the system and sell the games on.
Plus, 2070S still has both performance and feature advantage.
You're joking, yeah? I mean properly joking.
Meanwhile 5700XT aibs are still not even announced properly, and drivers are still a mess.
AMD do need shooting for not getting drivers sorted out at release day, I will agree with that.
In the real world, where the customer isn't worshipping AMD because they exist, £450 5700 XTs are a hard sell.
Again, you're joking yeah? Or just trolling? The entire "performance and feature advantage" line is utter, utter rubbish. It is simply not true. Where is the feature advantage in ray tracing that is woefully underpowered? Where is the feature advantage in an image processing algorithm that just smears the **** out of your image? And is 3fps over the 5700XT a performance advantage? Yes. Is it actually a tangibly sufficient performance advantage to warrant a price premium? No. But please do continue to use margin-of-error frame rate differences as de facto evidence of superiority.

But then again, if you have the mentality that any argument that supports AMD in favour of Nvidia as "AMD worshipping" then I guess I've just wasted 3 minutes typing this out.

Enjoy your "real world", it's safer for you over there.

Associate
I was going to wait until the 5700xt AIB came out but glad I picked up the KFA2 2070 Super when it was £475 the other week. Brilliant card for that price and overclocked it by 120mhz which boost to funnily enough 2070mhz in afterburner and extra 900mhz on the memory and still only around 65c under load. Works with my MSI optix freesync monitor as well so bonus there.

Soldato
OK, have you missed the part where I said you can't buy a 2070S for less than £500? No stock exists for the 2070S listed at less than £500.

So £450 5700 XT AIB vs £500 2070S AIB...£50 premium is not worth 3fps, pathetic ray tracing and Deep Learning Image Blurring that doesn't even work properly anyway.

I will never understand why you bought the 5700 XT with all the complaining and shade you throw at it.
took me less than 30 seconds to find one in stock for 499.99 :confused: MSI Ventus.

Soldato
took me less than 30 seconds to find one in stock for 499.99 :confused: MSI Ventus.
Oh come on, that's £500 :p

My point is people are saying "why bother with a £450 AIB 5700XT when you can get a 2070S for £475?". But the entire point is there is nothing in stock at that £475 price point so real purchasing decisions start at the £500 price point. So that increases the price difference to £50 between the two. And as pointed out, since the 5700 AIB models aren't officially out yet, the price point might be a bit lower, which only serves to widen the gap to the 2070S. When you're talking £50-70 cheaper, there is no reason to choose the 2070S over the 5700XT unless you're ill-informed, fanboi or a G-Sync user.

Soldato
We know we dont neeeeed too! but the 5700xt is new and SHINY!!

Yeah I get it, thankfully 'shiny' doesn't affect me any more. The 'shiny' wears off the moment its in yoyur case and then you're left with if not buyer's remorse exactly, knowing you've been suckered into over-paying for something, and it doesnlt matter what you say to yourself you know it. On the other hand, bag a bargain via pateince and perseverence and you get to be smug about it forever!

That's how I shop!

:D

Soldato
Hey guys,

I have been looking at getting one of these but haven't been following graphics cards lately.

Would this card be ok for 4k 60hz and 1440p 120hz?

I got new samsung qled 55 and my gtx 1080 isn't powerful enough. Plus I would like to use the freesync on the tv (hdmi).

Do You think this will be good enough or should I wait for something better to come out?

Associate
OP
Yeah I get it, thankfully 'shiny' doesn't affect me any more. The 'shiny' wears off the moment its in yoyur case and then you're left with if not buyer's remorse exactly, knowing you've been suckered into over-paying for something, and it doesnlt matter what you say to yourself you know it. On the other hand, bag a bargain via pateince and perseverence and you get to be smug about it forever!

That's how I shop!

:D

its the best way to be honest and makes total sense. ill wait. . .

Soldato
Again, you're joking yeah? Or just trolling? The entire "performance and feature advantage" line is utter, utter rubbish. It is simply not true. Where is the feature advantage in ray tracing that is woefully underpowered? Where is the feature advantage in an image processing algorithm that just smears the **** out of your image? And is 3fps over the 5700XT a performance advantage? Yes. Is it actually a tangibly sufficient performance advantage to warrant a price premium? No. But please do continue to use margin-of-error frame rate differences as de facto evidence of superiority.

Not true? I gave you a very clear meta-analysis of a whole host of benchmarks. 2070S is >10% faster than 5700XT in GPU-limited scenarios. The bundle can easily shave off £30, as the codes sell out instantly at those prices. And RT is a real feature which a lot of people enjoy, and it's something navi simply cannot do.

So you have a >10% faster card & the ability to enjoy the most advanced lighting techniques in games, all for £20-30 extra if you go with the 2070S. But this is all margin-of-error stuff for you? lol

If you want to blindly swing your pom-poms around for AMD, have at it. I'm not gonna let you lie about the performance of the cards though.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hey guys,

I have been looking at getting one of these but haven't been following graphics cards lately.

I got new samsung qled 55 and my gtx 1080 isn't powerful enough. Plus I would like to use the freesync on the tv (hdmi).

Do You think this will be good enough or should I wait for something better to come out?

its aimed at 1440p, but i believe the vega cards are ok at 4k with a few settings turned down, so i suspect the 5700xt will be just fine.

if you want to play it completely safe go for a 2080, but imo they're horrifically over priced.

Soldato
Hey guys,

Wait. The gap only starts becoming significant at 2080S and above. The GTX 1080 is still a capable 4K card, but you do have to tweak settings. Maybe try 1800p more, instead of straight up 4K when in-game.

Associate
its aimed at 1440p, but i believe the vega cards are ok at 4k with a few settings turned down, so i suspect the 5700xt will be just fine.

if you want to play it completely safe go for a 2080, but imo they're horrifically over priced.

I had a Vega 56 earlier this year, and 4K performance was surprisingly good. The 5700 XT likewise has no issue with 4K at comfortable frame rates, and is superior to a Vega 56 in this respect.

Obviously you won't be playing on ultra, but considering the price difference to get a card which can, then I don't see this as a big issue.

Associate
Take your pick /
GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER DUAL EVO OC 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD £529.99 :rolleyes:

RADEON RX 5700 XT DUAL EVO OC 8GB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD £428.99:)

Back
Top Bottom