• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Ryzen 3700X Overclocking thread***

Caporegime
OP
Here's some results.

2501 BIOS
Memory 3600 C16
Stock clocks
Windows balanced powerplan (build 17763)

*I've got a BIOS update and OS update (to 1903) to complete; I'll do that tomorrow and post updated results

Brilliant cheers mate. :)

Will be interesting to see if your windows update gimps performance.

Im on 1903 Build 18362.295

Caporegime
OP
Odd, what does it boost to in low loads, ie browsing, sporting etc?

4.2ghz!

thats what mine is boosting to in cinebench multi with pbo disabled but my score is over 2k

It fluctuates from 1790 to just over 2K...But I guess that depends on how quickly i have run the bench from boot and closed stuff down in task manager etc...Its just not consistent

Soldato
Been messing with Ryzen Master to find the All Core sweet spot for my 3700x then put the settings into the bios and this is the results so far:

9tcH1II.png
Tjc2F8j.png
NF21vjQ.png

I originally had the chip running stock bar PBO enebaled in bios with Motherboard li mits set, this let my CPU hit 4.4 in single threaded loads, but since BIOS 1.0.0.3ab... 4.375 was the max it would hit, so decided on all core for now.

Last edited:
Soldato
BIOS updated to 1.0.0.3ab and now my memory settings get ignored in BIOS and a random 2133 speed gets set. Volts are looking quite high too, regular 1.5v.

What a mess. Looks like I'll need to roll the BIOS back.

k1TFszU.png

Soldato
B350 here.

I'm going to try and reseat my cooler, but I'm just thinking this is a HOT chip and needs a better cooler. It's almost like a 3.5GHz chip overclocked to 4.3GHz in the factory it seems.

I'm not sure what type cooler you're using, but when I changed my Cryorig H7 to Darkrock Pro my full load temperatures have dropped 10C to 60-65C.

Soldato
So will these chips actually overclock once sorted? If it hits 4.4 without PBO what would it be hitting with PBO?

Another 100MHz if you're lucky; PBO is a waste of resource IMO

Haven't AMD recently addressed this? The top speed advertised is on one core.

Yes it's on one core, but they aren't managing 4.4 on any cores.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Haven't AMD recently addressed this? The top speed advertised is on one core.

They haven't addressed it yet, (see my post earlier in this thread) any AGESA based on 1.0.0.3 won't allow full single core boost.

So will these chips actually overclock once sorted? If it hits 4.4 without PBO what would it be hitting with PBO?

Single core probably won't change with PBO, because PBO only really comes into play on multicore loads. i.e. an All core load with PBO off on a 3700x is normally around 4Ghz to 4.1Ghz, depending on instruction set used (i.e. AVX based loads will have a lower all core boost), with PBO you might get another 100Mhz on an all core load, i.e. AVX based might now hit 4.1Ghz and none AVX about 4.2Ghz

Soldato
I’m just not happy with X570 pumping so much vcore through the cpu it’s unescessary

I've done a bit of messing with this; I need to set Windows Balanced power plan (not Ryzen Balanced) for the vcore to drop on idle as expected. Corsair iCue needs to be closed else the voltage stays high (1.43+). When iCue is closed the voltage drops below 1.0 on idle.

Maybe you also have a monitoring app running that is causing constant boost vcore?

Caporegime
OP
I've done a bit of messing with this; I need to set Windows Balanced power plan (not Ryzen Balanced) for the vcore to drop on idle as expected. Corsair iCue needs to be closed else the voltage stays high (1.43+). When iCue is closed the voltage drops below 1.0 on idle.

Maybe you also have a monitoring app running that is causing constant boost vcore?

UPDATE

I disabled Icue and after I updated the AMD chipset drivers...No change in vcore for me...1.4 v for me mostly...This is annoying me lol

I paid good money for this chip and I want it to work how it should.

Back
Top Bottom