Tamzzy's back to air-cooling ITX build

Soldato
GPU is flipped, so fans facing upwards . Think standard ATX case with inverted GPU .
D'oh! I considered this earlier on and for some reason thought it had been dismissed. Sounds, promising how will it be supported? (knowing the 240 CLC will be attached to plexi glass/panel)

3D print fascia may be required to give a little extra room for cables.
Will you be using 3D printer for the inner modifications too - or bastardising what's already there?

Most likely a plexi glass panel would be cut to mount 240 CLC and intake for GPU
Have you got all of this to hand - or can you 'borrow' work resources?

Knowing the GPU orientation and the additional strength of the plexi glass for rad - the theory/drawings look relatively doable. Are the margins as close as they look or do you think the project is a goer now?

Associate
Congrats (looks like i will be last) - complete spec?

(Is this the 2700X & Define Nano?)
It's a bit of a Frankenstein of parts I had from different builds, plus the new motherboard:
Ryzen 7 2700 (non-X)
Gigabyte X570 I
2x16GB G.Skill F4-2800C14D-32GVK
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB
Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC 8G
Corsair SF750
Fractal Design Nano S
Corsair H115i 280mm

Associate
Not sure if you're finding the same, but on mine it's reporting RAM voltage as approx 0.05V higher than what I've set in BIOS. These higher reported figures are both in BIOS and HWiNFO. Don't know if this is a reporting error or if it's truly 0.05V higher than the amount I set.

Man of Honour
OP
Not sure if you're finding the same, but on mine it's reporting RAM voltage as approx 0.05V higher than what I've set in BIOS. These higher reported figures are both in BIOS and HWiNFO. Don't know if this is a reporting error or if it's truly 0.05V higher than the amount I set.
some with mine...i just set it at 1.37v (mine runs 0.03v higher) to hit 1.4v reported ;)

Soldato
@tamzzy your city looks a bit low on cash there ?

Strange. I'm not used to that on other motherboards.

all a bit different. asus LLC high and low settings can throw voltages higher and lower then others etc

Lol. :p
The pricing is okay... Msi b450i = £130, aorus x570i = £230 (then minus £30 steam voucher)
So £70 for an upgraded mobo and better vrms etc...

seems the board handles 16 cores running 4.2ghz all cores just fine :D

Back
Top Bottom