• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Caporegime
I get 520 points on single core and 5066 multi running C20. I tried all core OC and got 5345 points, and 534 single core. In my opinion its better to leave then as it is since now they seem to work better with the new chipset driver.

I've got the same board as you, what letting are you using for all core clocking?

Soldato
Managed to get somewhere with the RAM. But need geardown enabled, unfortuantely.

Currently at 3600MHz 1:1 FCLK
16,16,16,36,54,1T
2nd's all lightly tuned
Geardown mode enabled :(

Probably will fall back to 3466MHz and tighter timings. Finding 4x8GB on Asus CH6 Hero to be a pain to push.

Associate
For the single CCD SKU's is the Read Speed for memory testing just over half that of the dual CCD SKU's or am I missing something?

Memory_1866FCLK_Stock_Timings_3733MHz.png

ljt

ljt

Soldato
For the single CCD SKU's is the Read Speed for memory testing just over half that of the dual CCD SKU's or am I missing something?

Yup.

AMD halved the write speed per CCD to use that space for other performance improvements as apparently write speeds are less important for a consumer chip.

This is why the 3900X has double the write speed as it has 2 CCD's

Soldato
I find the new AMD chipset drivers better. The AMD high perf profile just cuts down power but keeping the CPU at higher clocks more of the time (max 4.375Ghz)
However if I use my previous (Windows) High Perf profile with 1% low and 100% max, now getting 4.424Ghz more consistently, previously was only able to get 4.375Ghz.
FYI Haven't tweaked the CPU yet, waiting for the Bitspower block.

Soldato
Yeah but that's just stock 9900K, most of the OC'd ones are hitting 600. However gives me hope for the higher power and binned SKU's. Also we don't know how accurate CPU-z is as a direct Intel - AMD comparison. Well I don't at least.

I get that sure but the 9900k runs higher stock clockspeeds and to cool to OC'd ones takes some decent 3rd party cooling and a fair amount of fettling.

Associate
Hey. I just updated my AORUS x570 ELITE bios to the latest version F4j from F3. I re-applied the XMP profile and put precision boost overdrive back on enable like before as the update reset everything to default. I've just tested cinebench R15 and before the bios update my score was 1583 now after the update it has dropped to 1409 with a Ryzen 3600. Anyone know why it may have dropped nearly 200 point because of the bios update?

I seem to of lost 165Mhz with the precision boost after the update. Before it was boosting to 4165MHz now it's boosting to around 4000Mhz. Anyone know why and how to fix it? Thanks

Associate
Sigining in,

I have 3700x With noctua d15 cooling it.
Aorus Master x570
Aorus 1080ti (for now)
32GB ram
Lots of ML140 fans (which may have been a mistake, they are damned loud.)
Cougar Panzer max case. love my massive beast.

Samsung CHG70 HDR monitor.
All the RGB as It adds at least 5000fps.

Soldato
Ok so for every one who doesn't know what their doing this is a combo of what I've learnt and all of it is either official AMD recommendations or stock settings for components.

AMD recommend you start with 1.1v on the SOC and VDDG if you are overclocking your ram.

If you have the 8 pack ram then the 3200MHz stuff will do 3600MHz easy.

No need to up the dram voltage keep it at 1.35v just put your timings in 16 16 16 16 36 and set the FCLK to 1800MHz.

You should be good to go.

---

Oh... with mine it won't boot at this speed so I have to go up the speed slowly. Start at 2400 , reboot 2800, etc etc until you get to target 3600MHz.
Just to add to your wisdom, If you set the ram in ryzen master and save then reboot it works straight away, you can then enter the bios to see it set it for you there.
You can overclock manually in ryzen master of the cores without having to restart, i found it useful to set 4.3ghz for example then apply it, run the cpuz bench for idea of performance then increase to 4.35ghz and add v and bench again.
When i was hapy at 4.4ghz i would go into the bios and set the vcore LLC and the Vrms LLc to high performance mode. go back to ryzen master and lower the voltage until it crashed (about 1.3v for 4.4ghz for me) then you can set it all great,.
The ram and turn on manual OC, restart, ryzen master - manual OC to the volts you found with your core OC
You can also after doing the ram and setting manual OC in ryzen master and restarting, go into the bios and set an all core in there with LLC and vcore all at the same time.

I'm close to scrapping custom loop and just getting a nice AIO and one of those EVGA hybrid kits for the GPU.
I'm going to update to a 3950x when it comes out so I need to take it apart again. *sniff.
Maybe have a look in the members market sometime (like right now) maybe theres a 2080ti evga AIO hybrid kit... you never know
Had a bit more of tinker with my 3700X. They do run hot if you overclock. 4.1 all core in CB R20 hitting about 75C. 4916 score though which isn't bad. I wonder if improvements could be made with my EK Phoenix to improve the cooling?
With the EK phoenix, if you can open the cpu block and make sure the fins run vertically inside you will get gains for a 3xxxx chip, i did this with an ek supremacy block and reduced the temps by 10.c on @Zeed 's advice

Associate
Turn them down?
I had, but my profile in the gigabyts fan software was never saving for some reason. it always went back to default after rebooting and was trying to run the fans at almost max speed constantly even after calibration..
after reinstalling it it seems to be a lot better now. Still seems to ramp up to 100% every now and then for no reason for a second or so randomly, but i can live with that.

Soldato

That 'wisdom' has now changed.

Leave your volts on auto and just set a manual voltage on the dram voltage.

The SOC and VDDG gets set by the mobo (your notice the SOC v goes up to 1.1v on it's own once your ram speed goes over a certain threshold)

So far my PC is now stable and no longer freezing. Bumping the dram voltage 1.4v I believe solved my issues.

Stable for weeks now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom