Anyone stocking up on canned food etc.. Brexit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
It won't matter because we've been reliably informed by sensible non-hysterical remainers prior to the referendum that Brexit will lead to WW3, what use is a stockpile of food when an atom bomb hits?

Soldato
Yes please list yourselves here so we know who to hit first when starving ;)

Back when I legally held firearms in the UK, I upset a neighbour be saying that I didn’t have to stockpile anything apart from shotgun ammunition for a period of civil unrest as the only armed person in the neighbourhood would mean I could take whatever I wanted.

Man of Honour
Lol.

Better off spending the money at the doctors, see if they can remove your tin foil hat

As good a time as any to make sensible survival precautions - might not be necessary but having a months worth of drinking water and other basic supplies certainly wouldn't go amiss.

Caporegime
If things get too bad Trump will air drop chlorinated chicken and remainers will probably all starve to death because they only eat overpriced goods from the EU's protectionist single market, who won't care about them once we've left and stopped funding them.

Caporegime
I've normally got various canned food (tins of salmon, tuna, sardines etc..) and UHT milk etc.. plenty of rice/pasta and bottled water etc.. in the cupboards anyway.

One thing I've never understood is the absolute idiots who live in areas prone to flooding and need emergency food supplies after 2 days - WTF do they have in their cupboards? It isn't hard to build up a small surplus even if you're on minimal income/benefits.

I keep some bottled water - it has come in useful when we had some issues with a mains pipe leaking on my development. I have back up UHT milk for when I come back from holiday or if I've let my regular supply run out and it's late at night/early morning and I can't be arsed with walking to Tesco. I always have some sort of soup, rice, pasta various canned fish etc.. that stuff lasts for so long so I tend to buy in bulk anyway and re-stock if running low.

I've got more than enough to last myself for several weeks if needed though if there was some massive disaster (more like nuclear explosion/dirty bomb in London etc..) then I'd plan to make my way back to my parent's houses where they've got plenty of stuff stored and have vegetable gardens, greenhouse full of stuff etc..

Commissario
As good a time as any to make sensible survival precautions - might not be necessary but having a months worth of drinking water and other basic supplies certainly wouldn't go amiss.
Yarp.

Everyone should have 1-2 weeks of canned/dried goods in their cupboard anyway, if just because if you get the flu or something you're unlikely to want to go shopping;)

Personally we keep about 4 weeks of many such items, but that's because when my mother was ill with dementia the chances for me to get out shopping were limited, and it was annoying when the likes of Tesco or Morrisons didn't have something available for home delivery (when you can't necessarily get out to the shops at will you learn to keep spares of essentials).

Man of Honour
One thing I've never understood is the absolute idiots who live in areas prone to flooding and need emergency food supplies after 2 days - WTF do they have in their cupboards? It isn't hard to build up a small surplus even if you're on minimal income/benefits.

This is one of the things that made me take it a little more seriously - while we have now moved when there were those major floods in Somerset a few years back it stopped only a few minutes from our door and quite a few people living that way were in a dire situation after only just a couple of days and other people had to get out of their homes with only 15 minutes notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom