Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
The wood in this was done with contrast, works pretty well as a way to get a quick effect :)

IMG-6103.jpg

Soldato
Here are my contrast efforts. Everything metallic is not contrast - so the silver and gold bits - everything else, apart from a smattering of white, is using one coat of contrast paint over Wraithbone. In my defence, I don't get much time to paint since my family expanded rather rapidly (twins!) and I was a mediocre painter before then anyway :D

Also, they all need based - which I'll do after the terrain is finished.

Iron Golems
3mW1lLk.jpg

Untamed Beasts
ngAypIK.jpg

Cypher Lords
FeBoeqU.jpg

Soldato
Need to see some of these contrast paint jobs?? Go Go Go :)

My pictures are bottom of page 49 in this thread, not done a lot yet.

Gotta avoid buying, I try not to have any backlog, only a little when I need to spend whatever it is to get the free postage at Wayland Games.

My backlog is about 13 or so Khorne Berzerkers depending on how many more conversions I can make with the bits I have.

Yeah I'm already contradicting my don't buy more minis mantra after seeing the new Undead line. So tempted.....

Soldato
The part of buying models is very much part of the whole experience of Warhammer for me. I take almost as long deciding what to buy as I spend painting. I go months thinking about my next purchase, it also helps that I don't like spending anything but spare cash that I have saved up outside of my normal pay cheque. That said... here is my list of unfinished models.

5 x Evocators - 60% done
6 x Castigators - Undercoated
1 x Celestar Ballista - Undercoated
1 x Knight-Incantor - Undercoated
10 x Orruk Ardboyz - Still on sprues
5 x Orruk Brutes - Still on sprues
1 x Celestar Ballista - Up for sale
3 x Orruk Gore-Gruntas - Up for sale
1 x Warchanter - Up for sale. Although I am thinking of converting him.

My next purchase will be the starter box of Warcry, but that is likely a month or so away (When some funds arrive from selling stuff). So hopefully I'll have half of the above painted by then. I added the for sale stuff to my list because in the likelihood that it does not sell I'll probably end up painting it. I had some Tau for sale, about 60% of a Pathfinder box. The for sale price of them went down to about £4 and still no one wanted them. I ended up doing a very quick paint job on them using pretty much only Shades, and they turned out looking quite nice. If I had not painted them they would likely have gone in the bin and I know I would have regretted that as soon as the bin men turned up.
I am a person who very much gets bogged down when having too much stuff, and that goes for lots of aspects in life. Although I do my best to make sure I'm not out of pocket when moving stuff on.
If I had as much stuff as Uncle Tom I would probably just give up Warhammer altogether.

I love to buy second hand models and do them up, as long as I don't end up paying more that what buying the original box costs. There are a few sites out there that sell Warhammer bits for decent enough prices.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Pookie Bear they all look great. Good job on the contrast control my friend.

The skin tone on the beasts looks really good. I just need to buy Warcry.....
@Pookie Bear tell me the paints used for the beasts men please?
Thanks!

The Untamed Beasts were done with Guilliman Flesh, Snakebite Brown, Wyldwood, Skeleton Horde, Black Templar and Flesh Tearers Red - all with a Wraithbone undercoat. Then Leadbelcher for the metallics (just helms).

Soldato
Anyone seen the new Gotrek rules?

520pts and they playtested him fighting powerful enemies and he wiped the floor with everyone. He fought all 4 greater deamons of chaos at the same time and killed all 4 :D

Soldato
Anyone seen the new Gotrek rules?

520pts and they playtested him fighting powerful enemies and he wiped the floor with everyone. He fought all 4 greater deamons of chaos at the same time and killed all 4 :D

Well, not far from the truth I guess! Did he find Felix yet? I have his new book on audio but not listened to it yet.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
I may have accidentally bought and assembled an Imperial Navy Force and Ork Air Waaagh Force for Aeronautica Imperialis...

Now to paint and play some games.

Soldato
Well, I ordered the new Gotrek. Got him for £15 from Dark Sphere.

I'll probably ditch the contrast paints for this one, and put some proper effort in when I get the time.

Imt tempted to get him as well and get Gavriel Sureheart and assemble him without shield as he's a decent representation of Felix, kind of how I imagine stormcast Felix looking.

Soldato
Well I did it, I ordered a few Contrast paints. I wanted to paint up my Oruuk Brutes with red, yellow, blue and metallic armours. I have Casandora Yellow for the yellow, but ordered some red and blue Contrast as well as a few others. I couldn't help myself. I'm nearly at an end with my Nighthaunt and Stormcast so looking forward to starting the Orruks. I'll chuck up some photos in the show case sticky that I just found!

Soldato
I know nothing of the lore. Might use my free audiobook credit to get a copy of his book.

Not that I'm tight or anything... well maybe a little... but you should be able to get two tokens for free audio books. All you need to do is use the first one then go to cancel and they throw another at you, after you use the second one you can then cancel (Where they throw a discount price at you). Prices of audio books are through the roof, not sure I would ever buy one when I could get the book at about a tenth of the price.
If you are feeling really tight you can find all the Gotrek books online for free, but on this one I like a physical book so I have most of them on paperback. Loved them all up to City of the Damned, ended up skim reading it just to get to the end, not gone any further yet.

Back
Top Bottom