2012 MacBook Pro upgrade advise please

Associate
One for you computer tech guys.

I have a 2.9g i7 MacBook Pro mid 2012 and looking to upgrade. (Serial C1MKW5CGDTY4)

So the questions are

1. Which ram is best, looking at the 16g(2x8) of the hyperX 1600mhz (is this the fastest it will take ? )

2. Slightly more complicated this one, SSD, which one ? Is there really much difference, looking at these

Check out this Idea List on Amazon: macbook upgrade by Scotty http://amzn.eu/1uFP60L

Any better/worse ?

3. Single SSD and leave cd drive, duel SSD running parallel or duel SSD running raid 0
(I understand the loss and it’s fine, I will use the 1t sata as a constant back-up)

If I go duel running raid, will 1tb work or will I need 2tb as I understand SSD’s need empty space.

All about speed for Adobe LR/PS and Premier Pro

Cheers

Commissario
1) On a laptop this age, I don't think you'll really notice any difference between different types of memory.
2) Same as above really, any SSD will give you a massive improvement in performance.
3) I'd go with a single SSD because it's the easiest upgrade. Backup via Time Machine over your LAN and it'll just happen in the background without you needing to worry about it.

Associate
OP
1) On a laptop this age, I don't think you'll really notice any difference between different types of memory.
2) Same as above really, any SSD will give you a massive improvement in performance.
3) I'd go with a single SSD because it's the easiest upgrade. Backup via Time Machine over your LAN and it'll just happen in the background without you needing to worry about it.
Perfect, thank you

Soldato
I replaced the HDD with an SSD in my 2011 MBP and it's still going strong at 8 years old (think it's still rocking 4gb RAM as well and it's fast enough although a bump wouldn't go amiss!). Highly recommended upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom