The Tesla Thread

Associate
So the full self driving option is it worth it for uk cars what’s the consensus?
Let’s say you plan on keeping car for 4 years? What about 8 years?

Im going to arrange a test drive in one of these soon but not sure uk regulatory approval will hinder the benefits of this option or if it’s likely other aspects of it might make it worthwhile regardless

Soldato
Well I can attest to how random the deliveries are as I got mine extremely quickly but that's been covered already.

However I've now seen my 2nd Model 3 up close in the car park as another chap from the company above picked up his SR+ in blue yesterday. I wandered over to have a chat and while we poked around he opened one of the bags and low and behold there was a fabled tow hitch!

No time to play and the delivery team had been clueless how to fit it :)

I'd initially picked blue from the limited selection but switched to Midnight Silver and I'd have been happy with either though I'll be keeping the MSM thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
So the full self driving option is it worth it for uk cars what’s the consensus?
Let’s say you plan on keeping car for 4 years? What about 8 years?

Go watch Tesla Driver on YT and you can see how patchy it can be in the UK but superb when it works. He happens to live very near me and recently took his M3 P+ around Castle Combe. For a complete novice he was doing rather well with track mode enabled .. after a slow start but it was very composed and kept going.

I'm more wary of the underlying hardware being continually updated and how long that can be retro-fitted to keep up with software features.

Associate
Thanks will have a look at his videos. I suppose it’s an extra safety thing/another toy generally for motorway etc that should reduce the monotony slightly.

Associate
gsnAbwVOWxwQ5naFhYPVEes8aBg7IG7yEZKLi0_QE9q07wtxcVYLFFsE1f3Bwv9mb74sxtBf_X85LEdt2K2fJv87aEuXmeMBYWhf0uAXIRtO6k-hQBTyZhxO1Py0VVUeWLUVBosRF77jzoCnRr1afdQiJtM23dxNA27s5VnKQxIVm6Hr8GFYgQ1JX-QwOfvbTD6Y6NKJ7kALUafAS7_5EvbEUTo8Z6fCrY_e_cmxiZu9mtYX_bVi57G8eZLmUs-0I4_JWUe4en47_jsXkOpfx7njdCo4hVRWJKRC6VMn9-zcVkgEP_TOy7voZFy4tZgq1TttJcYgHFT0gDU1q45GmqizLXC9sX9aX3TDiI_fUs7-8z4TkBKv3IJax1Id_0I-9itg8-JTSLDGLUjyiNu-e6yTbQieqtj5k9z58jMRPREj2Fdzh5MBm9cPn_tf50Y6Sb5lPeH1mOdpPrDrPkdwweIWLve9Lf4Ey5f8pMHp8qkhdCbTZOBlbCAbpiiVt8cuujg1hKMzyjwq1R0OtLAGXgaJaQrbPqw_i42xQf2scCKA4I3TZjGmsNLeIKDJCwDDP3-RdSa-2gidCEjh2XWkG2W4lIGxuxLQmSrGng7oB2qeHbvhYse5m5Pk8-KG-wWcmCbupk6DRCZ2whxrJx0dkhhHNhlVfxJ_Cm852fpjMgaBzkryeZZ4IA=w1923-h878-no

Soldato
The SR+ do seem very efficient, the one i saw yesterday has been averaging 203 wh/mile over a 1000 mile trip around the country last week.

I'm not far off my i3 which was pretty good. I could hyper-mile that to much lower consumption that the SR+ could achieve but driven more normally they weren't that far apart. The only thing that really affects range apart from the obvious is the battery pack temp. The consumption is much higher with a stone cold pack so charging just before driving helps a lot there.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know how you managed 183Wh/mi, being in chill mode help? Clearly not trying hard enough: https://photos.app.goo.gl/B4YwnXHueZNnuE6c7

I gave mine its first wash and a coat of Collinite 845 yesterday: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SLzwXsfSutuLyw5W8

Places I found sticker residue that was hard to remove:
- Big rectangle at front of rear-most glass.
- Just in front of top rear join on side-window trim, both sides.
- Front of right hand sill underneath driver's door.
- Corners of the touchscreen bezel.

Always nice getting to know all the shapes by cleaning it, big fan of the top of the rear quarter panels, very satisfying curve there.

What have you all gone with as names? I went with some norse mythology that fits one of the easter eggs.

Associate
Hi,
I suspect supercharging before the drive helped. but a lot of my drive was under 40 mph. traffic on the 25 and 23 was slow on friday afternoon but autopilot took car of that. 2h20 for 70 miles
so far i have not done a full wash. planning that on Wednesday when I have the day off. it was should have been my charger install but thats been delayed a week unfortunately. anyway did a charge today on 10A from the mains and that words but a bit slow.
wifi in the garage is low but phone normally picks up but the car was having non of it. so ordered a WiFi range extender on Saturday and it arrived today. car is now connected to extend signal and hopefully will get updates now. came with 2019.15.something so hoping it updates fairly soon.
one thing i need to check - front foot well lights - mine don't seem to ever come on even when the door puddle lights and dome lights are on. I'm planning to replace the stock Led's but there is no point replacing something that is not cumming on.

will see how first drive to work goes tomorrow - 12 miles each way.

Dan

Associate
ok, ambient light is not a button in my car. but now another search comes up with info that this is something disabled on software for the partial premium. oh well - i have 4 replacement LEDs - the boot could do with the extra brightness and the two front door down lights. so that leaves one more to go somewhere. will have to have a look around and see what i want to do. i don't expect ill use the frunk much regularly so not sure if that's worth changing or not

anyway - I have my answer.

"I do know that in my SR+, when I briefly open the door the footwell light turned on (do work) for half a second and off altogether afterward. So looks like the software forcing these lights to turn off."

Soldato
Hi,
Anyway did a charge today on 10A from the mains and that words but a bit slow.
wifi in the garage is low but phone normally picks up but the car was having non of it. so ordered a WiFi range extender on Saturday and it arrived today. car is now connected to extend signal and hopefully will get updates now. came with 2019.15.something so hoping it updates fairly soon.
Dan

There's an option to get software updates a bit quicker so search for that and it updated a couple of days after I picked mine up. Not quite the latest as that may be prioritised to Models S/X and the US or something.

I'm back to the UMC charger as my Tesla appears to have killed my Rolec RCBO. I was aware it was drawing ~1kw more than my previous i3 but isn't as easy to limit by default.

I'll consult Rolec to see if the current RCBO is sufficient or if there's an alternative. Should be a straight swap though. Having read about previous Rolec issues I popped the cover off and I don't have any signs of excess heat just limp switches on the front of the RCBO.

nam

nam

Soldato
P+ , Blue, VIN 4914XX , Ordered 1st Aug.

got a email from OctopusEV - expect delivery 20-26th Sept if not sooner.

Sooner the better :)

Back
Top Bottom