FIFA 20

Soldato
I probably did in the region of 4 or 5 grand last year. I can afford it, but even I recognise that is far too much for a reasonable adult to spend on a video game.

This year is still excessive, but it I can keep it to the initial outlay its a big step forward. Next year I'll cut it back further.

Thats the plan at least, we'll see how it works out.

Don
OP
I probably did in the region of 4 or 5 grand last year. I can afford it, but even I recognise that is far too much for a reasonable adult to spend on a video game.

This year is still excessive, but it I can keep it to the initial outlay its a big step forward. Next year I'll cut it back further.

Thats the plan at least, we'll see how it works out.

#oncethefunstopstop

My wife would kill me I think even if I could afford it, at least no one gets paper statements anymore :D

Soldato
I'm taking the Mrs on a 5 week holiday next year, as long as that doesn't fall through I can spend whatever I want!

Its a balancing act! :o

Soldato
Think people caught me up around TOTS time, but I think I was rocking 6 or 7 TOTY's in mid Feb. Kante, De Bruyne, Varane, Marcelo, Mbappe, Neymar and I think I had VVD in there for a few games.

I'd still put my main team up against anybodies, and I have two other really strong teams too.

Man of Honour
I'm going to try and run an RTG - not strictly - but having an absolutely stacked team all the time gets boring after a while too.

Let's not forget the game is an absolute mess anyway (usually), I doubt FIFA 20 will be much different.

Soldato
I'm going to try and run an RTG - not strictly - but having an absolutely stacked team all the time gets boring after a while too.

Let's not forget the game is an absolute mess anyway (usually), I doubt FIFA 20 will be much different.
That means you'll spend 500 instead of a grand then :p

Soldato
Played a few matches against the legendary AI. Game feels like an even slower version of 19, which isn’t a good thing.
  • Heavy, lethargic passing. Not heavy as in over weighted but slow and clunky, devoid of flair.
  • Unresponsive players.
  • Poor runs from team mates, predictable straight lines.
  • Defending is easy, with good players anyway.
  • Awkward first touches that slow play down even further. Football should be silky.
  • Standard poor GK’s and ridiculous rebounds. Pin ball rather than football.
Only plus points are:
  • crossing seems more viable
  • timed finishing has been toned down slightly. Should be completely removed though, casual mechanics ruining the franchise further.
  • Skill moves feel smoother than 19.
I’d be gutted if I’d preloaded Fifa points.... :p
Not that it's massively different but the gameplay in fut is slightly faster. Defending being too easy is absolutely not accurate infact it's way harder. Get ready when you play some half decent opponents online who carve you open.

Soldato
Legendary AI is better than 90% of opponents you play on FUT, most people are pants. Obviously a good player will be more challenging but they’re few and far between, especially at first when the game is saturated with new players.

Obviously HellChamps is a different kettle of fish but that’s the same for everyone. :p

I’ve played FUT ever since it came out, so I’m well aware of the differences.
With the way the rivals and weekend league is structured you'll very quickly be playing opponents much better and more creative than the predictable AI if your half decent. Having spent a fair chunk of time on the Beta defending is harder than the usual **** AI defending noobs.

Back
Top Bottom