• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro Launched Today

Soldato

Between the Nitro and the Red Devil the Nitro is faster. However, consumes more power using the performance profile. You can use the silent profile and get RD results at a lower power curve.

The 1st feature is Nitro is Trixx Boost.
Which allows you to reduce 4K/1440p/Hi res resolution to a slightly lower resolution. Then you can select that resolution in-game. You can still enable RIS to sharpen as needed and still get a pretty big boost in frame rates. So far the boost puts the Nitro in the 2080s area.

The 2nd feature is the Triple Bios Switch.
Power
Silent
Software: Trixx Software lets you switch between Power and Silence. You still reboot the PC.

The 3rd feature is the ability to replace each fan with 1 screw.

You can buy RGB fans separately from Sapphire if you like.

Who's getting a Nitro?
It's still rumored that a Toxic version is on the way that will have 10-1 power phases just like the Red Devil. Currently the Nitro is power phases is 8-1.
OEM Blower style cards are 7 phases. So think about this when you decide to get it with the intent to water cool it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Let the price gouging commence due to "brexit, lack of stock, pound vs dollar, we're the only ones with stock, insert generic reason that under scrutiny makes no sense here".

(surprisingly it hasn't, yet)

Soldato
OP
Let the price gouging commence due to "brexit, lack of stock, pound vs dollar, we're the only ones with stock, insert generic reason that under scrutiny makes no sense here".

(surprisingly it hasn't, yet)
I hope that doesn't happen. I thought availabilty would be today. I haven't seen any shops with it right now.

@Gibbo
Can you chime in on this?

Associate
So I have the Vega 64 LC.
Running at 1700/1045.

Temps hit about 63c-65 under extended gaming sessions.

I game at 1440p on a 144hz monitor, powered by my newly aqquired Ryzen 3900x.

Is the Nitro 5700XT a worthy upgrade?.

Caporegime
So I have the Vega 64 LC.
Running at 1700/1045.

Temps hit about 63c-65 under extended gaming sessions.

I game at 1440p on a 144hz monitor, powered by my newly aqquired Ryzen 3900x.

Is the Nitro 5700XT a worthy upgrade?.

Depends on what you play i suppose, in some games there's around 10-fps between them, in others around 15-20.

Soldato
OP
I agree with Gerard. It really does depend on what games you play. At times, the 5700 XT Nitro will get close to 2080s but that depends on the game.
For example: Games that run off of the Frostbyte engine (Battlefield, EA Fifa, etc) then it's going to really be worth it.

But there is one thing that you need to consider. Sapphire Trixx 7. Trixx Boost is a real game changer and has the potential to make nearly any game play similar to 2080S through downsampling. Just keep the scaling between 80-90% and select the resolution you want to use. Once completed start your game and choose that same resolution in game. I'm not sure if you can use RIS though on vega. But the point of Trixx Boost is to downsample and use RIS.

However, I suggest you try Sapphire Trixx 7 now though. As it's suppose to work with Vega.
https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/software

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The performance of the xt's is very inconsistent in some of the reviews in the OP, is it sloppy testing or O_o

After spending a day looking at the reviews I have to agree with you. It's sloppy test methodology. Others are testing only using DX11 when games offer DX12. Which is why I included Igor's Lab's results.

Soldato
OP
And very few discuss, perahaps don't know about Sapphire's Trixx.
This time around Trixx isn't an overclocking software like in days past. Its like a monitor software with the option to downsample. It's also fine tuned to work with Nitro's RBG and allows for Bios switching. They also included the option to enable/disable RIS.

But again, I've not seen it mention much.

Soldato
Steve at GN says it has a triple vBIOS but Hardware Unboxed and Kitguru never mentioned it.. pretty sloppy for sure.

It doesn't have three. The third setting is simply the one that allows you to choose either the first or the second vBIOS using the software. So you either manually set first or second vBIOS using the switch, or you set the switch to the third and then change as you like through the software.

Looks like a great card with a great cooler and nice to see 3 year warranty instead of the 2 on the Pulse.

OcUK Staff
Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £449.99 inc VAT

GX38ZSP_225439_285x255.jpg
[/URL]
GX38ZSP_225440_285x255.jpg
[/URL]
GX38ZSP_225441_285x255.jpg
[/URL]
[/URL]
11293-03-40G, Core Clock: 1770MHz, Boost Clock: 2010MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2560, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr Warranty.

Only £449.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Sapphire Gear ARGB Fan Set (3in1) for Nitro+ RX 5700 Series @ £29.99 inc VAT

GX390SP_225447_285x255.jpg
[/URL]
GX390SP_225453_285x255.jpg
[/URL]
[/URL]
4N004-03-20G, ARGB Fan set for Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 Series Graphics cards.

Only £29.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Permabanned
I usually gravitate towards Sapphire for my AMD gpu's but I'm glad I went with the Red Devil this time, For starters I dislike the Nitro's looks, I think it has a horrible colour scheme (just like their Polaris models) that makes it look dated, It also has several minor differences that together let the Red Devil pull ahead, The Nitro has an 8.1 power delivery set-up compared to the Devil's 10.1, it uses more power (as much as 50 watts) & even the extra noise that I'll never be able to tell apart all add up to the Powercolor Red Devil being my first choice, With the Vega 64 range I thought the Nitro was better but imo they dropped the ball this time, that isn't a bad thing though,

In the real world we won't be able to tell the Nitro & Red Devil apart but, to Sapphire It'll mean trying harder next time (hopefully).

Steve at GN says it has a triple vBIOS but Hardware Unboxed and Kitguru never mentioned it.. pretty sloppy for sure.

Hi, Kit Guru mentions the third bios switch at 9:44 He called it the software mode, In the software itself you get to choose between two, the primary & secondary bios.

OcUK Staff
I usually gravitate towards Sapphire for my AMD gpu's but I'm glad I went with the Red Devil this time, For starters I dislike the Nitro's looks, I think it has a horrible colour scheme (just like their Polaris models) that makes it look dated, It also has several minor differences that together let the Red Devil pull ahead, The Nitro has an 8.1 power delivery set-up compared to the Devil's 10.1, it uses more power (as much as 50 watts) & even the extra noise that I'll never be able to tell apart all add up to the Powercolor Red Devil being my first choice, With the Vega 64 range I thought the Nitro was better but imo they dropped the ball this time, that isn't a bad thing though,

In the real world we won't be able to tell the Nitro & Red Devil apart but, to Sapphire It'll mean trying harder next time (hopefully).

Hi, Kit Guru mentions the third bios switch at 9:44 He called it the software mode, In the software itself you get to choose between two, the primary & secondary bios.

Sapphire have a Toxic version in pipeline too but are Undecided at present whether to release or
Not.

Back
Top Bottom