**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Confirmed fake.
So I see....

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-pixel-4-xl-5g-fake/
We know you guys love Pixel 4 leaks, which is why we’ve been covering them so frequently. The Pixel 4 is a cash cow for blogs because of the hype around the two phones, bringing in a ton of viewers. Even though Google has failed to keep its 2019 Pixels a secret, that doesn’t mean you should believe every leak that gets written about. Take for example the “Pixel 4 XL 5G” leak that has been making the rounds over the past 24 hours. That leak is predicated on two benchmark listings from the popular Geekbench benchmark. The problem with this leak, however, is that it’s totally fake. I know because I faked it.

Soldato
This is good! I am pretty much in at this stage. Got some money set aside. My daughter stuck the deepest 2" scratch that is almost a crack in my pixel3XL with my OCD that is forcing my hand :D

Associate
Why are Google Pixel phones always so far behind the rest?

Genuine question, every model they've released has been 1-2 years behind any other manufacturer, you'd think with them having the money and resources they have, they'd be right at the top with everyone else struggling to keep up, yet they aren't - Why does anybody buy these phones? Is it just for fast, clean unmodified Android?

Associate
Why are Google Pixel phones always so far behind the rest?

Genuine question, every model they've released has been 1-2 years behind any other manufacturer, you'd think with them having the money and resources they have, they'd be right at the top with everyone else struggling to keep up, yet they aren't - Why does anybody buy these phones? Is it just for fast, clean unmodified Android?

how are they 1-2 years behind?

Associate
how are they 1-2 years behind?

- Smaller battery
- 2 cameras when everyone else is on 3 as a minimum, or 4
- 6GB of RAM, most flagships are on 8GB+
- Subjective I know, but blatant copy of the iPhone's hideous fidget spinner camera design
- No in screen finger print sensor, not even one on the back
- No doubt will be priced very similar to those that do have the above and more features...

All of their previous releases have been behind the current gen too.

Maybe some are happy with it, I just feel for a multi billion dollar company with infinite resources, they could churn out something significantly better.

Associate
Of course they could make a better phone, but there would the financial sense be for them to do that?

Better sales?

So far, other than an incremental SoC upgrade, it offers nothing over my Note 8.....From 2 years ago.

I don't see why you wouldn't make it the best you possibly can? Why spend millions to make something that's pretty much trumped by everything else already on the market?

Soldato
- Smaller battery
- Subjective I know, but blatant copy of the iPhone's hideous fidget spinner camera design
- No doubt will be priced very similar to those that do have the above and more features...

All of their previous releases have been behind the current gen too.

Maybe some are happy with it, I just feel for a multi billion dollar company with infinite resources, they could churn out something significantly better.

battery size is not fully released yet. Also you have no idea how that stacks up with the stock OS on every day use.
is 8GB needed on stock android with no crappy overlays and skins ?
How do you know Apple did not copy Google with the fidget spinner camera ? the phones are 1 month apart. Or are you saying Google knocked that design up last week ?
Google have proved time and time again it's not about how many cameras you add. You can't knock them on that the Pixel2 is still one of the best camera phone around 2 years on.
Not sure why no finger print sensor. i presume it's not needed with the new tech coming i would appreciate one

If you just go byy the spec sheet when you want a new phone then go get a Rog2 phone and see where that is in 12 months updates wise....

i would also wait for the release and reviews before knocking it.

Associate
i would also wait for the release and reviews before knocking it.

Agree with all your points, I WANT to buy one and have a pure Google phone but every time they release a new model, I look at the hardware and what they're asking for it and it's such crap value for money compared to what is out there for the same price.

It (so far anyway) seems like another poor effort from a small team of people, we'll see.

Soldato
Agree with all your points, I WANT to buy one and have a pure Google phone but every time they release a new model, I look at the hardware and what they're asking for it and it's such crap value for money compared to what is out there for the same price.

It (so far anyway) seems like another poor effort from a small team of people, we'll see.

I am not really sure what the issues are hardware wise? base it on the P3 for example how is the spec any different from another flagship released in that time ? the only one really is the RAM at the time 6gb was popular and google went with 4gb. Not sure on battery stats as its all relative to what is running and usage. I know my P3 lasts longer than my wifes galaxy S9 for example. I also know my work iphone8 has much better 'idle' or standby depletion time then any android phone i have used.

yes i agree i'd like more, but i also understand there are situations when it's not required. do you know what iphone have? as the point of your post is how pixels are 1/2 years behind. tell us what iphone currently has, and then what it had 1/2 years ago so we can see that you're correct with pixels being 1/2 years ago spec.

this isn't subjective. this is down right false. you can't make a false claim, hide it behind you "subjective i know" comment and get away with it.

this sucks if true, but again, remind us how this is 1/2 years behind other tech.

now this, finally, is actually subjective. why can pixels do with 2 cameras what it takes other phones 3/4 cameras to do.

Associate
yes i agree i'd like more, but i also understand there are situations when it's not required. do you know what iphone have? as the point of your post is how pixels are 1/2 years behind. tell us what iphone currently has, and then what it had 1/2 years ago so we can see that you're correct with pixels being 1/2 years ago spec.

I feel exactly the same about Apple, don't get me started on them :D

this isn't subjective. this is down right false. you can't make a false claim, hide it behind you "subjective i know" comment and get away with it.

How? They're both identical, they both look crap. Same with the P3 which had an identical notch to the iPhone X. There are hundreds of ways they could have done their camera design to make it look different.

this sucks if true, but again, remind us how this is 1/2 years behind other tech.

Not 2 years behind then, no, just a lazy, can't be bothered attitude. Most have built in under the screen sensors now, Google couldn't do that?

now this, finally, is actually subjective. why can pixels do with 2 cameras what it takes other phones 3/4 cameras to do.

You'll never be able to do with 2 lenses, what you can with 3 :)

Most have built in under the screen sensors now, Google couldn't do that?
i sincerely hope they don't do this.

finding a finger print reader on the back is much easier than on the front. i can hold my 2xl in my pocket and unlock it before it's out and is then ready to be used. every other method will be locked still until it's in front of my face and then require unlocking. no matter how fast, it'll never be faster than a pocket unlock.

i also can use one hand with it on the back. on the front requires 2 hands.

Back
Top Bottom