Greta Thunberg

Caporegime
The thing that bugs me the most is all the Celeb's posting about it on social media while they're among the worst culprits:

lH0Gz1d.png

Av4qsqt.jpg

M8D2wfe.jpg

HLl7CTQ.jpg

Caporegime
The thing that bugs me the most is all the Celeb's posting about it on social media while they're among the worst culprits:

lH0Gz1d.png

Av4qsqt.jpg

M8D2wfe.jpg

HLl7CTQ.jpg

Or you could ignore it? Greta can't control what celebs do to make themselves look better. I dont give a **** what Cara reposts, why do you? Are you an avid gossip mag reader?

Man of Honour
She's got the attention of millions of people. At 16. Is there a single person on this forum of computer geeks who by the age of 16 had achieved anything more praise worthy than high scores on computer games ?

Being sanctimonious, ignorant, deceitful and generally unpleasant doesn't become praiseworthy merely because millions of people see it.

Permabanned
OP
A 16 year old trying to make a difference should be studying hard at school and going on to become one of the many thousands of engineers and scientist that will be required to generate the myriad of techno-economic solutions spanning many sectors that when combined will start to reduce global carbon emissions.

Caporegime
Being sanctimonious, ignorant, deceitful and generally unpleasant doesn't become praiseworthy merely because millions of people see it.

What is she ignorant about, and what is she being deceitful on and maybe you'd have a point. Rather than just attacking her like everyone else, with no substance.

Soldato
Ignore what? Climate change? Social media? Current trends etc..?

A tiny minority that have access to things like private jets being hypocrites when it has no impact on the veracity of the message another person is trying to portray, I'm assuming.

What is she ignorant about, and what is she being deceitful on and maybe you'd have a point. Rather than just attacking her like everyone else, with no substance.
i96a7RU.jpg

Soldato
Mate, don't waste your time. Total hoax. Let's tax the poor, fund paedophile rings for the rich, drill the Arctic and insult a 16-year-old trying to make a difference!

Except CO2 isn't actually a pollutant, and scientists disagree widely about how sensitive the planet's climate is to these changes. MIT Climate Scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen: Believing CO2 controls the climate ‘is pretty close to believing in magic’

https://www.climatedepot.com/2017/0...ate-is-pretty-close-to-believing-in-magic/?D=

And they actually drilled the arctic, and found that the planet was warmer by 2 degrees 55,000 years ago.

Funding paedophile rings for the rich? Look no further than Epstein, who couldn't be prosecuted because "he was intelligence"

Caporegime
Except CO2 isn't actually a pollutant, and scientists disagree widely about how sensitive the planet's climate is to these changes. MIT Climate Scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen: Believing CO2 controls the climate ‘is pretty close to believing in magic’

https://www.climatedepot.com/2017/0...ate-is-pretty-close-to-believing-in-magic/?D=

And they actually drilled the arctic, and found that the planet was warmer by 2 degrees 55,000 years ago.

Funding paedophile rings for the rich? Look no further than Epstein, who couldn't be prosecuted because "he was intelligence"

ONE SCIENTIST, WOW. oh GOD YES. Take your conspiracy theories back to r/conspiracy and 8chan.

Caporegime
A tiny minority that have access to things like private jets being hypocrites when it has no impact on the veracity of the message another person is trying to portray, I'm assuming.

It isn't just a tiny minority though it is just that is a rather egregious example. Plenty of regular people are posting about her recently and then on other days say checking into an airport in one European country to travel to another for a conference etc..

The point was really that there is a lot of virtue signalling about this stuff, currently the UK is actually doing pretty well as far as our plans for green energy are going. Electricity production is getting greener all the time here and with electric cars just being on the cusp of more widespread adoption then we'll be in an even better position in terms of air quality in our cities etc..

Individuals could actually do a lot more across the developed world but plenty of them seem more interested in being seen to do more or taking token measures like carrying around a metal straw before the plastic straws went away etc..

Soldato
Yes, the planet has been colder, yes it has been warmer: climate change is a naturally occuring phenomenon. BUT If we keep getting warmer at the rate we're seeing, sea levels will rise and it will affect millions of peoples lives. We've been too slow to react to the problems we've been causing.

Back
Top Bottom